The role will involve taking responsibility for the completion of reconciliations to a high level of accuracy
• Balance sheet reconciliations (including but not limited to control account reconciliations and bank reconciliations)
• Adherence to internal control policies and procedures.
• Support on departmental risk and control activities including process reviews (flowcharts/process mapping), risk identification, identification of control gaps or improvements, design of updated controls, documentation of control descriptions
• Identification of opportunities for process and control automation
• Support on implementation and embedding of internal controls
• Support on resolution of control issues, including problem solving and proposing creative and pragmatic solutions.
Skills and Experience
• Work prioritisation and diary management
• Effective engagement in the performance review process and training and development planning
• Systems of financial control, including balance sheet ownership and reconciliation and maintenance of financial records • Principles of continuous improvement and their application
• Understanding of the external audit process, including planning and delivery
• Knowledge and skills as required on a project-by-project basis.
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) and Worksite
• Experience of Sage X3 preferred but not essential • Online banking interface