This role is an exciting and challenging opportunity within the Energy Commercial Business Finance team which provide financial, commercial support & BPM support to the Energy business. The team set and drive performance management, provide decision support, and jointly manage the planning and forecasting process, with the overall aim of assisting the business to achieve its financial goals.
• Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders in the business and Finance Operations/Group
• Understand business strategy and its translation into financial impacts, and support its effective communication across Finance
• Develop deep understanding of key drivers of margin and costs, cashflow, and risks and opportunities and be conversant with the translation of commercial issues into financial impacts
• Support the wider finance team and business by providing robust, insight and analysis to drive improvements in financial performance
• Support Transformation activities through design and delivery of changes to forecasting/reporting methodologies, to drive greater understanding, efficiency and standardisation
• Co-ordinate the production of standard finance deliverables to the agreed format, timeline and quality. These will be supported by clear and focused messaging that supports the business area objectives
• Act as part of the first line of defence in the identification and management of risks
• Plan and Monitor the Business
• Regularly review and report performance against Group Annual Plan & latest forecast, working with the business to analyse financial and operational (value driver) variances and recommend corrective action
• Deliver an accurate, efficient and transparent plan/forecast which meets finance and business stakeholder requirements
• Translate financial business performance into clear reporting content (for inclusion in MBRs and FPRs etc).
• Undertake bespoke reporting and demonstrate the usefulness of reports and analysis
• Provide Decision Support
• Support and influence decisions, empowering the business to self-serve appropriate data to inform decisions independently
• Carry out non-standard / bespoke analysis to support business decision making
• Identify performance improvement interventions and design means of implementing associated changes. Facilitate relevant parts of the business to implement changes
• Accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
• Ability to achieve outcomes within agreed timeframes and under time pressures
• Motivated by continuous improvement and high-quality output
• Excellent communicator with strong analytical skills and ability to translate complex financial analysis into summarised output
• Team player with experience in building a strong network of relationships across the business and finance teams
• Strong strategic thinking - able to step away from the detail to see the bigger picture
• Exceptional multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
• Effective written and verbal communication skills to communicate to senior stakeholders
• Great MS Office skills required, namely Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with SAP and other data tools such as PBI ideal but not essential, adaptability and willingness to learn key.
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities' employer