The successful candidate will act as the primary interface into the trading front office for the Distillates Desk's trading activity. You will:
- Ensure trading strategies are understood, supporting the Front Office appropriately with independent views within a risk management framework and in line with Market Risk Standard and Delegation of Authority
- Identify market risk issues within the Distillates markets, identifying possible solutions and support implementation of the preferred approach with Commodity Risk
- Run and administer risk models and production of market risk analytics, providing explanation for changes, and interacting with Front-Office to understand and challenge underlying trading strategies
- Work with the Commodity Risk Analytics Network to ensure that adequate market risk discipline and control prevails in the business
- Provide input into the definition of market risk policies and procedures working as a commercial partner to support and challenge the business in day to day trading as well as long term strategic deals
To be considered for this role you will have a degree in a STEM related subject as well as previous Market Risk experience gained within the Energy Trading sector. Additionally you will have relevant experience in evaluating complex deals linked to commercial strategy and a good understanding of economic drivers and deal valuation techniques (preferably an understanding of EEM or M&A valuation models). Advanced Excel and experience of programming in Python or VBA is beneficial.
If you are looking for your next opportunities, please send your CV to email@example.com