This Head of accounting/Finance position will take responsibility for managing the day-to-day functions of the Accounts department. The role is varied role covering a broad area of accounting duties and functions, which includes the management of accounting entries, daily and monthly financial reporting, production of statutory accounts and oversight of annual audit process, financial regulatory returns, management of all tax requirements as well as being involved in the development of systems and controls for existing and new projects.
The role reports directly to to the Deputy Chief Financial Officer, and will take responsibility for managing a small team which currently consists of an Accounts Manager, Accountant and a Treasurer / Senior Controller.
• Daily management of all financial operations of the Company.
• Coordination, production and presentation of daily, monthly, quarterly and annual financial results as well as undertaking financial analysis and budget variances.
• Quarterly and ad-hoc reporting to Head Office and other external parties.
• Management, supervision and training of Accounts department staff.
• Oversight of Treasury function and monitoring of funding and liquidity requirements.
• Authorisation of supplier and expense payments.
• Maintaining group and external banking relationships.
• Ongoing management and compliance with regulatory capital requirements.
• Timely and accurate production / submission of financial regulatory returns.
• Management and oversight of the company's financial systems and maintenance and development of internal systems and controls and policies.
• Management of the external auditor relationship and ensuring that all accounting activities comply with applicable accounting standards.
• Preparation of financial management information and ad-hoc reports on a periodic basis for Senior Management as required.
• Liaising with other department heads and senior management to design, test and implement system improvements and new projects.
• Management and oversight of the taxation affairs of the business and liaise with external tax specialists for specialist advice as required. Responsible for the accurate production and timely submission of all applicable tax returns.
• Local Tax Study for new fiscal trading business in new locations.
For this position we require candidates with a minimum of eight years' relevant experience gained within in a senior financial position with a proven record of success, ideally with knowledge of LME brokerage / commodity markets financial derivatives.
• Education: Qualified accountant - ACA (preferred), ACCA, CIMA or equivalent.
• Industry: Knowledge of commodity markets (in particular, base metals) and experience with commodity derivatives highly desirable. Good knowledge of financial markets within a regulatory environment.
• Communication: Both verbal and written communication skills should be excellent with strong presentational skills. Ability to communicate with senior management is key. The candidate should have effective leadership qualities and the ability to delegate tasks and develop staff internally.
• Skills: Solid understanding of financial management and accounting. The candidate will require strong analytical skills and be highly organised. Strong IT skills (including MS Excel) are required.
• Team player: Ability to be flexible and to provide assistance on projects and ad-hoc requests from Senior Management as required.