Our client is a highly successful blue chip professional services company in Milton Keynes; due to continued success they are now looking to recruit an experienced Payroll & Finance Coordinator.
The Payroll & Finance Coordinator will be assist the Senior Finance Manager in the provision of a first class payroll, finance and administration function.
Accurate payroll processing using a 3rd party Cintra hosted and supported payroll system, process the monthly payroll data feed to allow the production of accurate and timely monthly payroll.
Duties will include:
- Responsibility for the validation and completion of the monthly payroll
- Manual calculations - starters & leavers, tax & NI, leave, pensions where needed
- Creating statutory payment rules, schedules & top up
- Producing Employee documents, RTI and pension files
- Processing HMRC and 3rd party payments on time & Liaising with HMRC
- P11d processing
- Processing leavers, payments & leavers' payments
- Apprenticeship levy, ER allowance, Small ER relief - calculations and implementation
- Payroll reversals/corrections
- Working closely with the Team on creating & improving procedures
- Getting involved in (inter)departmental projects
- Assisting with implementations of Tupe transfers, mergers and acquisitions Working with HR to ensure consistency of service provisions & liaising with HR, managers and associates and building rapport
- Responding as the first point of contact to respond to inquiries in relation to pay and pensions, time sheets and payslips
- Building Reports and Bulk upload files using imports for data processing, creating complex reports, imports, functions & set ups on company level
- Ensure compliance with relevant payroll legislation, ie minimum wage, statutory payments
- Completion of the monthly payroll to ensure staff members are paid as per the company policy
- Designing and test inputting of payroll adjustments as they arise for time to time
- Manage Auto Enrolment and Company pension scheme contributions through the payroll and pensions Portals
- Monitoring of pension deductions to Company Pension Provider. Ensuring consistent allocation of company contributions in line with pension rules and ensuring legal compliance
- Producing reports and data analysis for HR and other departments as required.
- Distributing forms such as P45 & P60 ensuring that submission deadlines are meet.
- Checking time sheets for pay adjustments and calculating correct employee pay by considering hours worked, sickness, absences, overtime rates, taxes, national insurance payments and other factors
- Processing holiday, sickness, maternity and paternity and other leave payments
- Processing Student Loans, AOE, Court Orders, Child Support or other deductions from payroll
- Processing commissions and bonuses
- Processing PAYE deductions and payroll information for HMRC
- Completion and processing of HMRC or Government Statistics paperwork as required
- Concur Expenses processing - Processing and payment of employee expenses; analysing expenditure as per company policy and HMRC rules ensuring all employee or employer Tax or NI deductions are captured if appropriate
The ideal Payroll & Finance Coordinator will have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office - Excel in particular * Excellent numeracy skills * Excellent knowledge of pension & AE rules * Excellent understanding of HMRC legislation and statutory payments * Advanced knowledge on court orders * Excellent team player - able to spot the departmental needs * Adaptable, fast & eager learner * Highly resilient and able to remain calm in pressurized environment
- High-level attention to details, with almost zero marginal errors * Good written & verbal communication skills * Strong planning & organizational skills * Good working ethic * Good training and mentoring skills * Confidence in working autonomously & solving system issues * Sound judgement * Experience in training junior colleagues * Experienced in dealing with complaints confidently * Taking initiative to innovate on existing processes
Qualifications & Knowledge: * Over 3 years of payroll experience * CIPP desirable * Experience with Cintra, Concur and Oracle systems desirable
Benefits for the Payroll & Finance Coordinator:
£35,000 per annum
Company Pension scheme
Business Travel insurance
If you are interested in the Payroll & Finance Coordinator role, please apply today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.