As a Complex Investigator, you will be part of an experienced and knowledgeable team responsible for reviewing a variety of complex and high value Financial Crime cases, investigating accordingly.
As a key element of the Fincrime Prevention area your work will directly impact Starling's strategic Financial Crime prevention plan.
This role includes weekend and bank holiday working.
- Handling referrals of complex Financial Crime cases, generally consisting of five or more individuals or entities at a time.
- Managing several complex investigations at the same time and prioritising work appropriately.
- Provide expertise and support to Fraud and AML Investigations in relation to understanding large financial crime rings or Organised Crime Groups.
- Proactively identifying Financial Crime trends through data analysis and sharing findings with the wider Fincrime Prevention team to benefit Starling in tackling all forms of Financial Crime.
- Liaising with other banks and the relevant authorities as necessary through several channels, including email, phone and CIFAS.
- Working to a high standard, meeting strict timeframes whilst working under pressure.
- Communicating directly with customers as part of ongoing investigations through in-app messages or via telephony to establish circumstances and gain additional information, before providing a fair and logical decision, with supporting rationale.
- Work as part of a team and supporting colleagues as and when required in order to reduce workload(s).
- Keen interest in stopping all elements of Financial Crime.
- You will have experience in working in a Financial Crime function.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and orally.
- A team player who is also able to work independently to deliver in a fast-paced work environment.
- Attention to detail, with the ability to act with urgency and escalate issues as and when necessary.
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Ability to understand complex problems and identify potential solutions.
- Able to adapt to change positively and quickly.
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You'll also get your birthday on us
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Family friendly leave policies
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth
- We have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
- Access to 'salary sacrifice' benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym membership options
Full details are available on our careers site
We are a leading digital bank on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We've built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life. We also offer groundbreaking B2B banking and payments services.
Since our launch in 2014, we've surpassed 2.5 million accounts in total: including 400,000 business accounts for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). Our total deposits, meanwhile, have surpassed 7 billion over the same period.
We're a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company. We've won the Best British Bank award four years running, and now employ more than 1,700 people across our London, Southampton and Cardiff offices.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.Job Summary
- ID: 69A1D16429
- Department: Operations, AML & Fraud
- Type: full time