Financial Reporting Analyst | Listed FMCG business | £45,000-£50,000 plus 10% bonus | West London
A Financial Reporting Analyst is required to work for a listed FMCG business, based in West London (hybrid of office and remote longer term). This is an opportunity to work for a globally recognized brand that has grown significantly in the past 18 months having successfully acquired a well-known brand which has further strengthened their market presence.
This is a newly created role due to the business recently launched its direct-to-consumer eCommerce platform. You will take ownership of the accounting for the direct-to-consumer revenue stream, this will include month-end and year-end accounting as well as and analysis and reporting on eCommerce sales. You will also be involved in several projects including launching direct to consumer in additional international markets.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of the month-end accounting for the direct-to-consumer entity including balance sheet and profit and loss reporting
- Analysis of the commerce sales including managing large data sets and providing the business with financial reports for the entity
- Working on a variety of projects including supporting with launching the direct-to-consumer platform in additional international regions
- Preparation of the financial statements for the direct-to-consumer market including liaising with the auditors at year-end
- Management of VAT returns and additional European taxes
- Working with the FP&A team, dealing with any queries, and supporting in providing commentary on the eCommerce sales
The successful candidate will either be a newly qualified ACA with experience auditing consumer/eCommerce businesses or ACCA/CIMA qualified with experience working in FMCG, retail, or eCommerce industry. You will have strong Excel skills (macros are beneficial) with the ability to analyse large data sets. You must be technically strong with the ability to manage the year-end and month-end accounting for this entity, as well as commercially minded to be able to support with the reporting and project work. To succeed in this role, you will have excellent communication skills, be proactive in nature and have the ability to work in a fast-paced, international environment.
You will be rewarded with working for a business where corporate social responsibility is at the heart of their culture. You will have the opportunity to progress quickly in the organisation, moving into commercial finance or managerial position in the foreseeable future. The company offers an excellent benefits scheme including bonus, subsidised gym and flexi-hours.