Reluxe is kickstarting the sustainable style revolution by helping shoppers and designers embrace the resale market, thereby reducing carbon emissions and helping save the planet. We make reselling easy, helping you find quality pre-loved pieces, while rescuing unwanted clothing from the back of your wardrobe that deserves another life.
Reluxe works with customers, independent designers and labels, combining an easy-to-use consignment model with an elegant online platform, beautifully curated looks, insightful editorial and a personal service
This is an exciting time to join this revolutionary business and be part of the start up team. Launching in February 2022 into both the UK and US markets.
Finance & Commercial Manager
Reports to: CEO
A key role within the Reluxe team, the role holder will work with all key stakeholders and will provide sound financial management of the business ensuring accurate and timely management reporting. They will seek to continuously drive improvements and efficiencies in end-to-end accounting practices. They will identify risks and opportunities to delivery, propose solutions where necessary and effectively manage stakeholder expectations throughout. They will manage working capital and the production of weekly cashflow forecasts. This exciting role will see the role holder at the heart of the business and involved in its future growth and success.
- Preparation of management accounts to a 10-day timetable.
- Ensure correct month end journals (stock, accruals, prepayments etc.)
- Margin analysis by channel and total business.
- Streamline processes across the business to improve accuracy, cost control and timely reporting.
- Work with the external accountancy firm on year end account submissions
Budgeting & Forecasting
- Manage the budgeting and forecasting process and work with key stakeholders in the business to ensure timely delivery.
- Budget ownership and reporting against budget and forecast on a monthly basis.
- Update weekly cashflow and present to CEO
- Ensure sufficient funding for future payments and proactively raising concerns to senior management whilst providing solutions and opportunities.
- Prepare weekly sales report for trade meetings.
- Review sales and cost of sales
- Track actuals vs budget
- Manage stock posting to accounts.
- Review and management of cost of goods.
- Resolve queries to ensure stock accurately held and reported.
- Working with team on pricing decisions
- Management of pricing and commission decisions in conjunction with the CEO.
- Evaluation of new commercial opportunities working with the CEO.
- Manage VAT submissions to HMRC.
- Management of all payments to suppliers
- Management of all commission payments to sellers
- Review Finance processes and proactively look for way to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of those systems.
- Implement a new PO system and review all T&C's.
- Review all contracts with suppliers and implement improvements to the process or procedures as agreed with CEO.
- Manage the relationship with accountants, including payroll submissions.
- Manage the relationship with external funding partners
- Responsible for all business insurances. Reviewing providers annually to find the best provider in terms of business need and cost
- Responsible for all business trademarks registrations
- Oversea all contracts with 3rd parties and seek external legal support as required
- Support the CEO & Founder on fundraising for the business and ensure the process is executed in a timely and accurate manner
- Produce regular shareholder financial updates and present to the business as required.
- Ad hoc commercial analysis, business improvement projects
- Ad hoc new business opportunities commercial analysis
- Ad hoc projects across both revenue and costs
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive, and the post holder may be required to undertake other relevant and appropriate duties as reasonably required. This job description is subject to regular review and appropriate modification.
Ideally, we are looking for someone to come on board for 2-3 days a week which then moves to 4-5 days a week as the business grows. Our offices are located in Kensal Rise, London. Whist this role needs to be at least office based some of the time, we will consider flexibility to also work from home on agreed days.
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA, AAT) with strong technical accounting knowledge
- Educated to degree level
- Microsoft Office - Excellent excel skills
- Quickbooks/Zero experience
- Experience in a retail business
- Experience in EIS fundraising a distinct advantage
- Reporting and forecasting experience
- Able to work as part of a small team in a rapidly changing business.
- Enthusiastic, innovative, and keen to learn.
- Processes and systems development experience