Finance Business Partner - Distribution Centre Operations
REPORTS TO: EU Head of Finance, Supply Chain
London or Peterborough
This position is responsible for accurately tracking and analysing all supply chain operating costs (logistics operations and support & management) and reporting on related financial performance to ensure optimal decision-making across the EU Finance and Global Supply Chain functions. The role can be based in our London home office or our Peterborough Distribution & Fullfillment Centre, with some travel between locations, ensuring continuity of the Supply Chain Finance and Operations functions.
What You'll Be Doing:
• Working closely with Head of Operations and Fulfilment Centre leadership team to interpret and utilise metrics for reporting.
• Supporting the month end process by producing reports to explain operational performance (pending orders, sales adjustments, updating statistics, recharges, calculations of volumes, efficiencies, rates and running various reports).
• Production of the Campus Ops (month end) schedule with commentary and participating on calls with London and US senior finance stakeholders.
• Help in improving the current reports by using a continuous improvement mindset.
• Providing an insight into operational processes, as well as cost savings.
• Sharing information with internal stakeholders to align streamlined communication between Operations and Brands.
• Supporting with Risk and Ops files.
• Systems Used: Micro Strategy, Hyperion, Oracle, IP, Qlik.
• Building and supporting Forecast and Budget files.
What You'll Need:
• Fully qualified, with relevant Accounting/Finance experience ideally within the retail/FMCG industry, preferably with focus on the operations and/or supply chain related areas of business.
• High degree of initiative and ownership, a motivated self-starter who is continually curious and thrives in a fast-paced and evolving environment where change is the norm.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, with an ability to interpret data in various formats, and an excellent standard of verbal and written communication.
• Able to meet deadlines, working with pace and urgency. Can successfully balance multiple priorities, with a disciplined, logical and practical approach to problem solving.
• Excellent skills in MS Office Suite, with heavy focus on Excel; knowledge of Oracle or Hyperion financial systems a plus.
• Work-life balance:
• Flexible start and finish times
• Bring your dog to work
• Employees Assistance program to support with mental, physical and financial health
• Fully equipped free gym and on-site wellness room in Brick Lane and 50% discount off external gym memberships
• Private Medical Insurance
• Employee Discount:
• Up to 40% off at all URBN Brands (Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Free People and more!)
• One paid day to either volunteer or fundraise for a charity of your choice
• Cycle to work scheme, season ticket loan
• Continued Development:
• We offer structured support within the business alongside continued learning and development