We're looking for a Senior Accountant to deliver Statutory Accounting & Taxation services to our diverse range of clients, building and maintaining strong relationships. You will also take responsibility for the onboarding of new business and client care.
We are ideally looking for someone who enjoys people management to support a small team of Trainees, helping with their personal and professional development and day to day activities to ensure the work is delegated effectively and they meet their deadlines.
If you are looking for a role that offers variety and long term career progression, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Your day to day responsibilities would be:
- Develop professional and valued relationships with key clients - identifying areas where adding value to clients results in increased business and growth in fee income.
- Ensure timely preparation of all work within the department within agreed deadlines which includes - Annual Statutory Accounts, CT and VAT returns, Payroll and Auto Enrolment etc
- Support with technical issues and identify training and development needs of your team.
- You will have full client management responsibilities ensuring there is proactive workload planning, regular client contact and key client management in line with our company care programme. Including investigating client complaints or issues, should there be any and putting forward recommendations.
- Keep up to date with external changes of Statutory Accounting & Tax.
- Support the implementation of compliance with regards to processes, procedures, rules and codes to ensure we comply.
- Challenge current ways of working, driving change & efficiencies wherever possible.
- Strong experience in a similar accounting environment and hold a relevant accounting qualification.
- Have in depth knowledge of FRS102 and a good understanding of the UK tax system including payroll taxes, VAT etc
- Ability to question the transactions and taxation and accounting rules that lie behind the numbers
- Be able to take ownership of workload management and be accountable to the client
- Enthusiastic and enjoy the challenge of resolve issues and ensure technical accuracy
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Technical ability to prepare, review and ensure accuracy and completeness of all work delivered by the Department
Why work at Equiom?
- This is a particularly exciting time to join Equiom, we continue to experience growth and are committed to achieving our strategic goal to become a trusted advisor to sophisticated wealth and strive to be an Employer of Choice.
- Equiom offers a flexible working policy and unlimited holidays to permanent employees. When in the office, we also understand the importance of a relaxed and enjoyable environment so we have a "Dress for your day" policy.
- We recognise the key to our success lies with our people, so we offer a highly competitive remuneration package that demonstrates our commitment to attracting and retaining the best people.
- You are encouraged to take part in YourVoice, our global people forum, set up to ensure every employee feels heard and valued.
- We are committed to your personal development; we have an active in-house training academy and proactively encourage all our people to meet their full potential, both personally and professionally.
- We pride ourselves on our welcoming and supportive environment, our genuine team culture means striving for high performance is the norm.
- We are embracing our Environmental, Social and Governance strategy to meaningfully embed it into our foundations and culture. You can be an advocate and enabler of the sustainable change needed to drive this strategy forward.