Here at Calyx, our mission is to shape the future of clinical research. Backed by decades of diverse global experience and the brightest minds in the industry, with our industry leading technology solutions, we support the Clinical Research industry bring new, advanced medical treatments to market, faster.
At Calyx, we are one team. We learn, grow, and win together. Wherever you are in the world, by working for Calyx you will be supported by a team whose values and goals match your own and who are passionate about helping others.
Are you ready. To help us. Change the World
As Finance Busines Partner your experience is key to ensuring financial accuracy and assisting the business unit leaders to drive results. You will partner with leaders and Directors to support the achievement of operational and financial goals. Your ability to review complex data and provide clear logical advice will be critical to the success of this role.
The role will require you to take a leading role in forecasting and budgeting process. In addition, as Finance Business Partner would be expected to take on additional areas of responsibility across the broader finance agenda and co-ordinate finance activities accordingly.
- Plans schedules & monitors work to meet time and quality targets
- Facilitates collaboration between stakeholders who share common objectives.
- Applies current financial and accounting standards, policies, and controls to mitigates risk between business goals and accounting principles and controls.
- Leads the annual BU budgeting process and financial forecasting.
- Provides accurate, transparent, and timely financial reporting for the BU P&L and KPI's to support the BU leadership in their decision-making process.
- Clearly articulate the financial implications of the business decisions to assist in the proactive management of profitability, costs, efficiencies, and resources.
- Provide analysis on revenue, costs, and metrics.
- Translates results of analysis on Operational KPI's and Financial P&L's into valuable insights and actionable recommendations for BU leaders
- Identify and create new metrics while maintaining relevant and impactful information
- Challenge staffing plans, monitor resource/utilization levels and suggest opportunities to positively impact BU/Functional margin Financial management
- Monitors and maintains all required financial records for compliance and audit to all agreed requirements.
- Assists relevant business areas with their financial tasks.
- Contributes to financial planning and budgeting.
- Collates required financial data and reports for analysis and to facilitate decision making
Knowledge and Experience:
As a qualified accountant, we are open to background and sector as long as you excel in the following areas:
- Excellent analytical and systems skills (Excel, Hyperion, Workday) Workday is a preference but not essential
- Strong commercial and business acumen; with a thorough understanding of commercial and business operations and their implications on financial performance
- Excellent presentational skills with the ability to influence and manage expectations across the organization up to Executive Leadership.
- Ability to drive strategic and tactical decisions and become a trusted advisor to the organization.
- Demonstrated competency in dealing with ambiguity and problem-solving abilities
- Rapidly absorbs new information and applies it effectively.
- Exercises substantial personal responsibility and autonomy.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, confident presenter
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail
- Must have the ability to work methodically in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Shows initiative and self-confidence, is adaptable and is able to cope with changing and evolving priorities
- Ability to operate collaboratively within a global team environment
Bachelor's Degree and (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) qualified accountant
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan, and other leading-edge benefits that you would expect.
Apply today to begin your Calyx journey!