Global Treasury Manager
Salary up to £90k plus Equity
Henderson Bond are proud to support our client who is a technology powerhouse, uniting big data with deep operational expertise travelling the extra mile for their corporate business clients. Corporate Business Solutions is a smart mobility platform that enables corporate clients to manage their complex global travel.
Corporate ground transportation is a hidden and, therefore, unsolved problem: unmanaged spend, multiple vendors, inconsistent service/integrations, poor user experience, inadequate protection of company data and personal information, inability to properly manage information, no way to track and minimise one's carbon footprint associated with ground transport. It's an iceberg, only a small fraction of which is visible. It is a huge opportunity, but currently under-penetrated and you will play a key role in turning our client into the category leader.
About the role
To elevate the Treasury function to the standard of an international public company, helping to safeguard and make the most effective use of available financial resources. Ensure all operating units have access to sufficient financial resources and monitor the effectiveness of the company's capital resources. Diversify the company's funding sources through developing relationships with debt capital providers.
Key Role Requirements:
- Global Treasury 4 years & 3 years PQE
- Financial reporting understanding is key / Listed experience /accounting skill
- Tax Considerations
- Proven experience in a group treasury function at a public company with an international footprint
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA or country equivalent with at least 3 years PQE
- Strong technical accounting capabilities with an in-depth knowledge of IFRS 9 being a key requirement
- Experience in implementing and monitoring of controls within the Treasury function with knowledge of SOX controls beneficial
- Understands the commercial and operational side of the business and can relate it to the financial performance and metrics that are reported
- Ability to produce professionally formatted materials
- Takes responsibility for the task at hand and is willing to go outside the scope of the role in order to see the project to its logical conclusion
- Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
Manage relationships with current and prospective transactional banking and debt providers
- Monitor our client's performance against covenant requirements and draft the quarterly covenant compliance certificate.
- Own the administrative process around setting up new user profiles on the banking platform and opening/closing of banking facilities
Ensure consistent, timely, accurate cash flow forecasting and liquidity management
- Finalise monthly cash flow forecasting within 5 working days and monitor and improve on forecast accuracy
- Develop an effective working capital management strategy to enhance the Company's cash position and ensure this is effectively implemented across the Group
Maximise the return on surplus cash with company risk constraints
- Conduct a review of our client's current money market funds and identify potential alternative investment vehicles in line with Treasury Policy
- Develop a quarterly performance review of financial returns on surplus cash
Assist with the development of SOX level controls over Treasury processes
- Draft the quarterly Treasury Committee meeting paper for senior management circulation
- Conduct quarterly review of Treasury controls to ensure they are being adhered to and continue to be fit for purpose
- Support internal and external auditors with respect to treasury related processes
Management of FX, interest rate, liquidity and credit risk across the Group
- Engage with banking partners to set up hedging capabilities to manage FX risk within 12 months
- Identify, assess and transact in hedging transactions to reduce the Group's transactional FX exposure
Work to ensure accurate reporting of financial instruments with global finance
- Strong understanding of the accounting for financial instruments and debt instruments
- Review and monitor bank reconciliations for multiple accounts, entities and currencies and follow up on any reconciling items
- Producing hedging documentation necessary for applying hedge accounting, including preparation and posting of journals
Support lead on the implementation of inter-company transactions
- Overall responsibility to structure the internal financial arrangements and funds flows within the group for optimum efficiency
- Provide assistance on transfer pricing policy with regards to inter-company loans and interest