Management Accountant provides key management information to the operational functions in the business as well as being a key link between the finance department and the business. The role works hand in hand with the business to prepare weekly trading updates and short term forecasts and monthly variance analysis. The role also provides key support to the Financial Planning and Analysis cycle with significant involvement in the budget and reforecast construct and collation. They also support ad-hoc deep dive analysis and insight that can influence decision making.
This is an ideal opportunity for a part qualified accountant to come in and join our finance team to focus on the management accounting. We will help and support you with financial support and time off to gain your accounting qualification as well as learn from an experienced and collaborative team. Salary will be based on how far through you are in your exams, which will rise as you progress.Key Accountabilities
Understanding and reporting
Forecasting and planning
- Prepare and distribute robust management information and analysis, consisting of both Financial and Non-Financial metrics to the business and report key variances.
- Set up reporting and measurement frameworks for new business areas
- Working hand in hand with the commercial finance team and business leaders, to provide data and insight to drive operational performance and improve profitability
- Engage with the business leaders and operational teams, to drive robust financial decision making supporting the long-term strategy of the business.
- Support the business leaders in operational activities that require finance input - e.g. volumes, efficiencies, yield, pricing etc
- Support the month end process, reviewing outputs and delivering commentaries that provide insight into business performance.
- Deliver appropriate reporting/analysis to the business as required
Insight to drive opportunities and limit risks
- Support the commercial finance team during the annual planning process for the business owner; drive the development of local operational plans that support the financial expectations. Ensure that the business is accountable for the plans.
- Build models to support budgeting and forecasting
- Maintain rolling forecasts supported by immediate threats and opportunities. Use these to support the month end close.
- Work collaboratively with Business leaders on longer term threats and opportunities. Providing insight that can influence decision making.
Essential skills and experience
Desirable Skills And Experience
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to quickly absorb and apply new information
- Proactive approach to work
- An enquiring mind with strong analysis and numerical ability
- Effective prioritisation of workloads and initiatives to deliver results in a timely and relevant manner
- Strong MS Office skills including Excel (including pivot tables, macros and vlookups), Word and Powerpoint skills, as well as Google Sheets/docs
- The ability to be both a team player and able to work unaided using your own initiative
- An ability to present ideas clearly, simply and confidently
- An ability to work in an environment that changes at pace
- An ability to problem solve and use initiative to improve
- An understanding of the media business desirable
- Recent Accounting & Finance graduate or similar degree
- Have started an accounting qualification (CIMA advantageous)
What will I get in return?
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Free food (monthly munchies, bagel Fridays, fresh fruit & snacks and coffee and tea on tap)
- Central office locations with cool open plan working spaces
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Discounted gym membership and onsite health & wellbeing (yoga at lunch anyone?!)
- Annual Future conference - get together with your colleagues to celebrate success and look forward to what's next
- Regular staff socials arranged by our wonderful Employee Community & Culture committees
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues