Internal Assistant Accountant
Our client, a well established professional services business are looking to recruit an experienced accountant for the role of Internal Assistant Accountant based within their Rotherham office.
The business specialise in offering a wide range of accounting and financial advisory services to a highly varied client base across the Yorkshire region. The business has a great working culture, offering an excellent working environment, supported by an excellent management team.
The business is looking to invest in an individual who has experience in a role where they deal with day to day accounting function of a business along with strong administrative and organisational skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
Supporting the Management Team, the position of Internal Accountant will be responsible for the following :
- Completion of records of incoming and outgoing funds, positing receipts to sales ledger (Iris & Sage)
- Completion of sales ledger on Iris and Sage
- Liaising closely with management team to ensure billing information is accurate for invoicing
- Completion of purchase ledger and nominal ledger to Sage
- Drawing cheques and setting up BACS listing for payments through e-banking
- Prepayments and accruals
- Maintenance of Iris time ledger
- Prepare month end statistical reports for Partners
- Produce payroll information related to overtime and expenses
- Produce internal MI information, staff/departmental analysis, billing shortfalls etc.
- Reconcile bank statements
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns
- Maintaining the record of Petty Cash
- Payment of petty Cash claims
- Carry out credit control duties - tracking debtors, produce letters and statements, contact client to chase outstanding debts
Skills and Qualities
To be considered for this position, the successful applicant will be an experienced internal accountant or bookkeeper who can work unsupervised and to deadlines.
Individuals will have an excellent I.T skills including good working knowledge of Sage Line 50 and Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
Salary and Benefits
- Salary - Up to £26,000 (Depending upon experience)
- Holidays - 23 Days plus statutory holidays
- Flexible Working
- Various Benefits