Rowan Executive Search has been retained by a successful, privately owned, manufacturing business, which offers a bespoke service to the medical and pharmaceutical industry.
With offices and manufacturing sites in the UK and USA their global approach provides multiple revenue streams that include pharmaceutical, healthcare, service and aftersales. With current revenues in excess of c£20m, which supported by strong profit margins, they embark on their next stage of Growth.
To support this next stage of growth, they have identified the requirement to complement their high calibre senior management team with a newly created role of Financial Controller, to work collaboratively with the FP&A Manager and establishing themselves as a right hand to the Finance Director, working strategically to support the aspirational growth of the business.
The appointed Financial Controller will support in the continuous improvement of 'best in class' processes and run the day to day finance function, with your ambitious approach, there will be opportunity to continue to progress your career.
Critical impact areas for the incoming Financial Controller
- Management of regular Cash flow forecasting process, while developing the existing cash flow model to ensure an accurate cash position is consistently established.
- Ownership of the foreign exchange hedging strategy, assessing and minimising any potential future risks.
- Complete the review of all financial and management accounting information, ensuring high quality and robust financial reports continue to be produced and reporting standards are met.
- Take ownership of the consistent improvement of financial process and controls, ensuring the management information is timely and accurate, to support commercial decision making.
- Building meaningful and informative relationships with external stakeholders such as, Insurers, Banks, auditors and invoice finance partners.
- Recognise revenue in the correct manner from a variety of contracts and projects.
- Develop an excellent understanding of the complexities and intricacies of the business.
- Be an advocate for change and improvement, demonstrating your inquisitive nature, with the ability to challenge and influence in a positive way across the business.
- Build a high-quality relationship with the Senior Management Team through a collaborative business partnering approach, establishing yourself as a valued member and the go to person relating to all aspects of accounting performance.
- Support the FP&A Manager and Finance Director with all aspects of the budgeting process and regular reforecasting.
- Support in the delivery of critical projects, designed to improve both internal and external performance.
- Be comfortable working in a 'hands-on' and into the detail role, whilst also contributing to the overall strategy of the business.
The successful Financial Controller will be
A Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA or ACA) with with a track record of success and logical career progression to date. Demonstrating strong communication with a warm and inquisitive nature, enabling you to build meaningful and long term relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Your ambitious nature will enable you to continue to further develop your career.
A competitive salary will be offered to the successful candidate plus a benefits package in line with expectations at this level, inclusive of a flexible approach to working.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an ambitious individual, seeking an opportunity to impact a successful and growing organisation, you will be joining at a critical point in the businesses journey as it embarks on expansion across the globe within its strategic next phase of growth.