Commercial Finance Manager
Competitive salary + benefits
Hoare Lea is an award-winning engineering consultancy with a creative team of engineers, designers and technical specialists. We provide innovative solutions to complex engineering and design challenges for buildings.
Irrespective of the scale or complexity of a project, we provide a full range of MEP, environmental and sustainability services, bringing buildings to life and ensuring that they perform in operation as well as they look.
Why work for us?
You'll collaborate with the industry's best, working with a wide range of built-environment specialists.
You'll be part of progressive and exciting projects, able to experience innovative schemes across all sectors.
You'll advance your career, your way, thanks to our structured Career Paths framework.
The role involves providing financial insight and analysis for our Specialist Group Business Units to ensure that key management information is of the highest quality. Interacting with a range of internal stakeholders, many at a senior level, the role will cover a variety of standard and ad hoc activities to ensure that Group heads have relevant financial information on which to act.
- Ownership and preparation of monthly forecast information for each Group to be presented and finalised with Group head.
- Analysis of month end accounts vs forecasts to identify variances and understand root cause.
- Preparation of annual budget for each Group in conjunction with Group head.
- Analysis of financial project performance to identify poor performing projects and required actions.
- Provide sounding board for individual Group heads on ad hoc financial and commercial issues.
- Supporting Board member responsible for Specialist Groups in monthly meetings and on ad hoc initiatives.
- Line management of 6 staff responsible for the project admin and invoicing of all Specialist Group projects (based in Bristol).
- Ownership for delivery of financial system streamlining projects to enhance efficiency.
What we are looking for
• High level of numeracy and literacy with good attention to detail and ability to multitask.
• Strong interpersonal skills and able to gain respect quickly for individuals at all levels.
• Excellent communication and team working skills.
• Focus on continuous improvement to processes and underlying systems
• Experience of managing team
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel ability.
• Qualified accountant (or QBE with extensive relevant experience).
• Willing to travel within the UK.
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry leading training and development to support you throughout your career.
• Private medical scheme
• Life Assurance
• Income protection
• Car allowance and access to a wide range of lease cars
• 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
• Contributory pension scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Enhanced Paternity, Maternity & Shared Parental Leave
• Season Ticket Loans
• Professional membership subscription
• 9-day fortnight - the firm offers all employees the option to work a 9-day fortnight
• Hybrid Working - activity-based approach
• Employee stock purchase plan - a voluntary program which allows eligible employees to purchase Tetra Tech common stock at a 15% discount
• Holiday buy & sell up to 5 days
• Study Assistance
• Cycle to work scheme
• Employee Referral Scheme
• Sabbatical Leave
• Other flexible benefits include gym and retail discounts, travel & dental insurance and GAYE (Give as you Earn)
• Flexible working - We're happy to discuss flexible working. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage
How to apply
To apply simply complete a CV profile and submit your application, or for further information please contact email@example.com
Our commitment to data privacy
We have updated our terms and conditions for candidates, to find out more please click on the link below:
Equal opportunities statement
Hoare Lea is committed to ensuring that the most suitably qualified and experienced candidates are appointed to positions within the firm on the basis of job-related criteria.
Reasonable adjustments statement
We're proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunities employer, and we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the recruitment process. If you have a disability that might affect your performance at any stage of the recruitment process, please let us know about any help or reasonable adjustments as soon possible before any interview or assessment. We'll work with you to make sure any appropriate support is in place.