About EO Charging
We design and manufacture smart electric vehicle chargers and intelligent software for homes, fleets and destinations at our headquarters in Suffolk, United Kingdom. We currently operate in over 30 countries around the world, including the UK, Norway, Thailand and Australia (to name a few). We're a young but highly ambitious company and already count the likes of Uber, Sainsbury's, Octopus Electric Vehicles & Addison Lee as our trusted customers.
We recently ranked 18th on Deloitte's 2021 Fast 50 list of the fastest growing technology companies in the UK and ranked 30th in this year's FT1000 list by the Financial Times - a great achievement for our Suffolk born startup.
We've seen the future, and it's electric! EO Charging is on a mission to become the leading electric vehicle charger manufacturer for homes, workplaces and destinations globally by 2025. To achieve this bold ambition, we're looking to expand our team with talented individuals that share our tenacity and values as we take on the most exciting part of the automotive industry - electric vehicle charging.
Want to join our journey? Read on...
We're looking for a fast thinking, ambitious Project Accountant with a great attention to detail to join the team at EO Charging. Reporting directly into the Financial Controller you will have a strong commercial finance background and will be required to provide accounting, financial and commercial support in order to support the company's continuous growth.
- Full ownership of project finances and working capital.
- Monitor contracts to ensure that all customer invoices, credit notes, contract variations etc. are raised and logged in a timely fashion.
- Management of one team member.
- Partnering with key personnel to understand primary cost and revenue drivers and variances.
- Support preparation and review of project financial models for new bids and tenders to include cash flow and any other relevant KPI's.
- Completion of ongoing and post-project financial review with project managers, outlining and reporting on budgetary difference and variances to original plan.
- Preparation and posting of month end revenue and costs into Sage 50
- Prepare detailed monthly analysis for review.
- Prepare month end flash figures.
- Completion of monthly backlog report.
- Assistance with forecasting and annual budgeting.
- Monitoring of billing milestones to ensure accurate billing.
- Project close out reconciliations.
Skills and experience
- Passionate about working in a fast moving, changing environment
- Part qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Worked under IFRS and has understanding of revenue recognition
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communication and presentational skills
- Ability to present and explain financial terms to non-financial stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Dedication to providing great customer service
- Willing to travel on an occasional basis
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Office (strong excel required)
- Experience of Sage accounting systems
- Experience of working in EV / electrical contracting sector
- Experience of manufacturing / construction
- Experience of CRM systems and working with databases
- Understanding of project and contracting processes would be an advantage