Preparation of daily and monthly bank reconciliations and accounting for banking transactions for a large commercial real estate client who are also a PLC.
1 Preparation of daily bank reconciliations involving, inter alia:
• Monitoring bank balances and updating Bank Transactions Report (or its Yardi successor), detailing and analysing type and reason for bank entries.
• Preparing daily bank reconciliations in Yardi.
• Placing surplus cash on overnight and longer-term deposits and negotiating with bank to gain maximum returns.
• Circulating the Yardi Suspense report on a daily basis.
• Submitting the reconciliation summary to senior management.
2 Assisting in the monitoring of the cash flows and ensuring sufficient cash cover:
• Effecting transfers to various accounts (funding of cheque runs, manual cheques, telegraphic transfers and wires, payroll, PAYE payments), to prevent any overdraft situations.
3 Updating Yardi postings for cash entries.
4 Preparation of the year end bank account reconciliations and liaising with external auditors.
5 Monitoring interest receivable and bank charges.
6 Running the process of setting up of new bank accounts and the maintenance of existing accounts, including KYC
7 Liaison with Management Accounts, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Personnel to ensure the timely and accurate updating of Yardi.
8 Assisting in the preparation of letters for quarterly interest payments and other payments as required.
9 Assisting in the preparation of the finance leases and ground rents transactions.
10 Analysis of construction projects' funding transfers and spending.
11 Maintenance of bank records.
12 Assisting in the preparation of the quarterly construction loans interest payments.
13 Assisting in the preparation of the construction loan drawdowns.
14 Ad hoc, project led tasks as required by the Group Treasurer, Treasury Account from time to time.
What we are looking for in the Temp candidate.
1 A graduate, individual studying for a professional accountancy/treasury qualification, or individual qualified by experience from working within the treasury or accounts departments of a commercial enterprise.
2 Excellent numeracy and communication skills.
3 Computer literate and possess a good working knowledge of Excel/Word. Knowledge of PowerPoint and Oracle would be useful.
4 Able to work under pressure, use their initiative and have a flexible, methodical and ordered approach to their work.
5 Good interpersonal skills and able to work as part of a team.
6 Yardi and Bloomberg training will be provided as necessary.