Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global Strategists (Strats) groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.Who We Look For
For this position, we are looking for an Analyst to be a part of the BCE Strats (Brokerage, Clearance & Exchange) team within the Risk & Resource Management Group. The BCE program is aimed at optimizing the brokerage, clearance and exchange expenses across trading businesses. You may create cutting-edge derivative pricing models, trading tools and empirical models to provide insight into optimizing trading behavior, or develop automated trading algorithms for the firm and its clients.Specifically, the BCE Strats team liaises with trading, engineering, operation and other groups to develop tooling and analytics toward BCE expense optimization. Your ImpactResponsibilities
- Help build pricing models and incorporate into front-to-back tooling and workflows for trading
- Analyze data; design and build analytics, algorithms and tools to optimize BCE expenses across all desks in GMD.
- Optimize pricing, quoting, routing algorithms by incorporating data and analytics.
- Understand various GMD business models, risks and tools used, come up with solutions to optimize flows and change trading behavior.
- Communicate with various internal teams (Traders, Sales, Strats, Engineering, Operations, Controllers, etc.) to onboard new BCE tools and strategies.
- Work closely with GMD senior management, trading desks, engineering & operation teams on BCE optimization.
- Strong academic background in a relevant STEM field (Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or Mathematics)
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong programming skills (OOP, SQL)
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Ability to focus both on details and on the big picture, as requested
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Derivatives product knowledge in Equities
- Knowledge in Financial Mathematics, market microstructure, etc.
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender IdentityNo