Success Recruit are currently working with an industry leading construction company based in Central Essex who are seeking a Buyer in a newly created position within the business supporting a team of Quantity Surveyors.
The successful Buyer will be working to centralise all purchasing of materials and product groups within the business as well as reviewing and improving efficiencies and reduce workloads for a busy team within the business.
The successful Buyer will be expected to:
• Have previous experience within a buying position, construction sector desirable but not essential
• CIPS Qualified or degree educated desirable but not essential
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
The successful Buyer will be rewarded with:
• A friendly & supportive working culture that can offer long term career progression
• Working with a well-established business and supportive team
• Free Parking
The purpose of this position is to become an integral part of the business with the opportunity to streamline and centralise a procurement system and can develop, build and lead long term a team.
Duties to include but not limited to:
• Collaborate proactively on the procurement plan for each new project
• Ensure that all supplier quotations and our purchase order documentation is in line with specification provided by Design and budget from QS
• Provide results from tenders and negotiation to project QS for agreement on budget & lead times
• Develop & maintain good relationships with relevant supply chain partners
• Where required administer all supplier contracts as per agreed Terms, hold Suppliers to account where appropriate
• Control and follow-up of information & expected delivery dates between order placement & successful delivery
• Prepare KPIs to review with Suppliers
• Maintain the supplier database
• Review new sources of supply and alternative products through available resources
• Maintain and keep accurate records on the purchase order system
• Work with Accounts Payable Manager to facilitate the accurate and efficient approval of all supplier invoices by reconciliation with purchase orders and set guidelines for disputing non-authorised charges
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to develop within a career in buying / procurement and that can demonstrate solid experience within their career to date. Being very system & process driven is a strong advantage as well.
Monday to Friday - 07.30am/8am - 5.00pm - Hybrid position of office and remote working.
Circa £35k dependant on experience
Dear Job seeker! We value your application however we are unable to respond to everyone directly due to high volumes we receive. Please be assured though that we will review your CV and should we believe you meet the experience needed for this vacancy one of the team at Success Recruit will be in touch very shortly!
In the meantime, we wish you all the best in your new job search and finding a position you will be happy within long term