Our UK business is seeking an Internal Audit & Financial Advisory Senior Manager with a Financial Services Industry background to join our growing team. This position requires partnering with our clients to solve complex business problems and provide excellent advice and solutions. A solid understanding of client's businesses and the ability to demonstrate technical competence in their solution and Financial Services industry are crucial to the success of this role.
This opportunity will require the successful individual to clearly articulate the value drivers of our business. It will offer a platform to develop new projects within an existing client base in addition to identifying new developing clients and serve as ambassadors of Protiviti in the market.
With a competitive salary and attractive benefits package, this role is offering those with a minimum of 6+ years' relevant experience in a related field teamed with previous exposure to FSI products and/or service areas to take the next step in their career.
A little more about us:
"Helping face the future with confidence."
Protiviti (www.protiviti.com/uk-en/about-us) is an innovative and fast-growing, global consulting business with over 7,000 staff based across more than 80 offices internationally.
From our seven UK offices, we help our clients solve problems in internal audit, finance, technology, operations, governance, and risk.
We work with a wide range of organisations to help them face the future with confidence.
We believe people and having fun make the difference and our Diversity & Inclusion initiatives are designed to attract, develop and retain the most talented and qualified professionals in the market, regardless of any dimension of diversity.
Our UK and global Employee Network Groups make this a rewarding place to work. This is why we were listed as one of the Best Places to Work.
Protiviti's Internal Audit & Financial Advisory practice works with some of the world's largest financial services firms, including providing internal audit services to six of the top 10 globally systemically important banks, as well as several other investment, commercial and retail banks, asset managers and insurers.
Using our expertise, we enhance the integrity, reliability, performance and security of our clients' businesses.
It is Protiviti's goal to be the most trusted advisor to our clients through providing a range of services covering internal audit, forensic investigation and management as well as financial reporting remediation and compliance.
What will help you be successful?
- You enjoy discussing technical and industry trends and seek opportunities to demonstrate and teach seniors and staff on the job.
- Participating in the initiation and development of new products and services.
- Contributing to engagement sales opportunities and consistently developing work at existing clients.
- You are passionate about delivering client satisfaction and demonstrating a growing level of industry and product competency and are able to articulate their value to your clients.
- An understanding of the business environment and potential client base for your solution and industry.
- Seeking opportunities to interact with and mentor personnel, including participating in the creation and rollout of training and developing skill sets.
- Being pro-active and using real-time supervision during all phases of an engagement to develop our people.
- An inherent interest in project management and team leadership. You seek new ways to create extraordinary development opportunities and ways for your team to make an impact on our clients and communities.
Do your talents include the following?
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills, including documentation of findings and recommendations.
- A solid foundation in internal audit processes and objectives.
- An understanding of core business processes such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Inventory, Revenue etc. with knowledge of accounting operations and financial frameworks.
- Understanding of commonly used International Professional Practices Framework, including GAAP, COSO and COBIT.
- Knowledge of audit methodologies and developing key internal audit deliverables, including process flows, work programs, audit reports, and control summaries.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act provisions and methodologies for achieving compliance.
- Ability to multi-task and oversee multiple engagements and work streams with various clients.
- Knowledge of The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA's) code of ethics and compliance requirements.
- Experience working with financial services/banking institutions.
- Supervisory experience of teams including Consultants, Senior Consultants and Managers.
- Advanced project management and status reporting capabilities.
- Ability to network and build relationships.
- Deep experience auditing financial services companies and banking institutions in particular.
Educational and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline; minimum 2:1.
- 6+ years in a related field, preferably in professional services and/or industry.
- Professional certification such as ACA/ICAS/CIMA strongly preferred.
- "Big 4" experience in Internal Audit would be advantageous.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications with specific emphasis on Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Secondary emphasis on Visio and Access.
We travel throughout the UK and sometimes internationally when needed based upon client requests/commitments. Travel may include local, regional, or international locations.