We're proud to have been a Principal Partner for COP26 , the UN Climate Change Conference, and are leading the way to provide the energy needed now, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
To reach net-zero by 2050, we're looking for people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
So join us on our journey to net-zero and help us power change.
Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen or Inverness
£38,600 - £58,000 + car/cash allowance + annual bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
SSEN Transmission has a fantastic opportunity for a Risk Manager to join our Business Planning and Commercial Department
The key duties & responsibilities will be:
- Ensuring effective identification and control of the strategic, business and regulatory risk across SSEN Transmission and advising the Transmission Executive Committee on risk and assurance within the parameters of the SSE Group risk and control framework. Supporting the ongoing development and implementation of SSE's risk and control framework within SSEN Transmission.
- Working closely with key stakeholders across SSEN Transmission to ensure that their risks and associated action plans are accurate, monitored and reported to the Transmission Executive Committee and Group Risk Committee as required. Ensuring that the annual regulatory and business assurance reviews around risk, controls, compliance are managed & supported effectively and shared with the relevant business unit and assurance teams.
- Working closely with the Senior Risk & Assurance Manager, you will be responsible for demonstrating to the Audit Committee that SSEN Transmission's System of Internal Control is effective through contribution to the Integrated Group Assurance Plan.
- Monitoring business performance and level of concern through the development of robust KPI's and metrics combined with the creation of reporting protocols to enable transparent business reporting.
- Performing as the Risk Management Subject Matter Expert (SME) for SSEN Transmission and will hold accountability for adherence to the Risk Management Framework. You'll also support the annual Letter of Assurance process across SSEN Transmission, collaborating with all business functions to proactively implement the correct controls and demonstrate assurance.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to be:
- An experienced Risk Manager with the ability to develop an independent strategic approach bespoke to the regulated Transmission business. You'll be adept at presenting and articulating complex information, business performance and risk reporting at the Executive level combined with the ability to negotiate, justify and challenge risk assessments and deliverables.
- A skilled relationship manager, you'll build strong, sustainable business relationships, be able to collaborate across organizational boundaries while providing leadership on critical regulated activities and submissions.
- You'll execute a compelling risk process cultivating relationships to plan and document progress while relating how business performance will increase business opportunity in the market and creating credibility with the Executive committee.
- Excellent working knowledge of Office 365, SharePoint and Power BI will be vital in enabling you to develop, produce and share regular KRI reporting from the Transmission Executive Committee to the Group Risk Committee.
- Strong attention to detail is crucial and you will be a pro-active, self-starter with the ability to organise and prioritise your workload under your own initiative to meet strict deadlines.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net-zero.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact or 01738 342871.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal record and credit check.