Rutherford Briant are currently recruiting for a leading member of the Big Four in Reading. The company are looking to bring on-board a Senior Audit Associate to the team to take on a portfolio of newly-gained clients and to aid in the growth of the fast-growing Reading office.
The successful candidate will have had exposure to working as an Audit Senior or Semi-Senior at a high-level with a top accountancy practice; also with proven experience in completing large and complex audits.
Responsibilities - Senior Audit Associate
- Using feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas
- Delegating to others to provide stretch opportunities and coaching to help deliver results
- Developing new ideas and proposing innovative solutions to problems
- Using a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current trends in the business area
- Reviewing your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance
- Sharing relevant thought leadership
- Using straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others
- Ability to read situations and modify behaviour to build quality, diverse relationships
- Upholding the firm's code of ethics and business conduct
- Ability to lead audit engagements from planning to completion
Specification - Senior Audit Associate
Be a Chartered Accountant/ ACA / ACCA / ICAS qualified (or international equivalent)'.
Or part Qualified and working towards your full CA / ACA / ACCA / ICAS (or equivalent) qualification
Or have equivalent work experience in Audit (you're an international candidate who technically qualifies in your home country by experience)
Experience of financial accounting and reporting
US GAAP and PCOAB experience is desirable
Strong project management skills
The ability to work effectively in a team, building good working relationships with both colleagues and client personnel at all levels
Experienced in coaching junior staff
Passion for quality
- Experience of working to client deadlines
In addition to a very competitive basic salary, the company offers a fantastic benefits package as well as a number of other bonus incentives.