Group Internal Auditor
1 Elmwood, Crockford Lane, Chineham Park
Basingstoke, RG24 8WG
A job with Merlin isn't like a job anywhere else. With attractions around the world, from rollercoasters to wax figures, we don't trade in suits, handshakes or briefcases. We trade in fun. In smiles, shrieks and spine-tingles. In Memories. In magic. But there are no tricks behind our magic. Instead, there are people like you. Passionate, dedicated people who are committed to making sure our worldwide attractions and guests' experiences are the best they can be.
Due to continuing growth and development of Merlin's attractions and brands on a global scale, we are looking for a Group Internal Auditor to join our Finance team. This role will be based at our The Merlin Hub - Basingstoke office.
About the Role...
- Complete risk assessments ahead of on-site fieldwork
- Deliver the programme of work covering both financial and operational procedures while on-site and keep all stakeholders up to date
- Document and test key processes and related controls to establish their effectiveness
- Prepare audit reports which are value adding, and gain consensus from all stakeholders to ensure recommended action is appropriate, proportionate, and accepted
- Contribute towards the preparation of reports for presentation to senior management forums and the Audit Committee
- Manage and analyse the department's continuous auditing programme
- Undertake interrogation of anomalies identified through trend analysis across large data sets
- Assist the team to continually develop the internal audit work programmes and procedures
- Deliver work in line with departments KPIs for audit planning, completion & reporting
- Professional accountancy qualification (CCAB or equivalent)
- Proven track record as part of the third line of defence (independent assurance)
- Reporting and engaging effectively with senior management
- Strong report writing skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability and willingness to travel (30-40% of the time)
- Willing to challenge existing business practice
- Proactive self-starter and self-motivated
- Solutions orientated
- Ability to build professional relationships across the business
- Keen attention to detail
- Enthusiastic and driven
- Construction project assurance provision or accounting experience
- Shared services assurance provision experience
- Experience in organisations operating in similar industries to Merlin Entertainments
- Operating in international and multi-cultural organisation
We're growing fast and alongside a fun and friendly environment, we offer a fabulous package and amazing prospects - ideal if you're already fantastic and can quickly become even better (our magic can help here). Benefits include Pension, Life Assurance, discretionary company bonus, 25 days' holiday and, of course, a Merlin Magic Pass which gives you and your friends and family free admission to all of our attractions worldwide, as well as 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants and 40% discount on LEGO.
Everyone Matters at Merlin.
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters!
Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.
Returning to work
As part of our approach, we welcome applications from people looking to return to work after a long career break.
We have an active Return to Work programme, which offers training, mentoring and more, to support with the transition back into working life. So, if you've been on a career break for any reason we can support you.
If you have any questions or if you require any assistance, because of a disability or medical condition, please contact us by email at Recruitment@Merlinentertainments.biz and one of the team will get back to you as soon as possible.