FINANCIAL CONTROLLER / FINANCE DIRECTOR
CREWE / CHESHIRE
60,000 to 80,000 (NEG) + BENEFITS
We're recruiting on behalf of a highly successful business within the manufacturing space who due to expansion is seeking an experienced Financial Controller / Finance Director to join the business.
The business currently operates with a turnover of around 30million and is on a growth path with turnover set to grow to 60million over the next 5 years. Therefore, they're now looking to enhance their expertise within the finance function to help manage finance function from both a strategic and hands on perspective.
This is an exciting opportunity for a well-versed Finance Director (FD) or Financial Controller (FC) to join this highly ambitious business where the individual can truly make the role their own.
THE FINANCIAL CONTROLLER / FINANCE DIRECTOR ROLE:
- Leading the Finance function within the business and reporting to the Board of Directors on the financial affairs of the business
- Full P&L and Balance Sheet responsibilities
- Managing a team of two transactional finance professionals and developing their skills. Recruiting and selecting additional team members as the business grows.
- Liaising with the external accountancy practice who are responsible for producing monthly management accounts and year end audits.
- Responsible for cashflow management and the production of accurate cashflow forecasts
- Monitoring expenditure around Research and Development (R&D) projects
- Producing financial budgets for approval by the board
- Attending internal meetings to discuss financial objectives and challenges
- Working closely with the team to ensure all transactional tasks are achieved
- Producing financial reports from Sage and the company's ERP system
- Monitoring stock levels and ensuring valued correctly on the balance sheet
- Implementing good practices and procedures that are aligned with accounting standards
- Must be Qualified to ACCA level or Equivalent
- Experienced at either Financial Controller or Financial Director level within a business and have Full P&L / Balance Sheet responsibilities
- Must have experience of managing the finances of similar sized or larger organisation and have managed finance through significant growth
- Experience of using Sage and ideally an ERP system
- Highly commercially minded with the ability to undertake strategic finance planning tasks as well as hands on transactional tasks
- Experience of leading and developing a small finance team to achieve excellent operational standards
- Implemented processes and procedures in keeping with Accountancy standards.
- If you could come from the contruction industry this would be a significant advantage
TO APPLY: Please send your CV for immediate consideration via the advert
Get Recruited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.