My client is a highly successful firm of Accountants with offices across the South West with 250 team members. They are experiencing an extraordinary period of growth and are seeking to expand their team.
They operate a dynamic yet fair and consistent culture, empowering professional development and with an enviable long service record. The salary is very competitive, depending on experience, plus a suite of excellent benefits!
Our client is looking for an Audit Manager to join their audit team based in their Exeter office. Reporting to their Audit Partner they will be responsible for managing and controlling the effective delivery of audit engagements for a range of clients, developing relationships with these clients, and helping win new clients. This role is likely to suit a current qualified Assistant Manager looking for their 1st Manager position or a Manager early on in their career.
The main duties (but not limited to) are the following: -
- Planning, delivery and overall management of audit engagements for a portfolio of clients
- Monitoring performance of audit delivery against agreed KPI's
- Managing the preparation of financial statements
- Building and maintaining client relationships
- Managing and developing junior members of the team
- Networking with the business communities in Exeter and where your clients are based
This job description summarises the main duties and responsibilities of the post, but the postholder may be required to undertake other duties and projects of similar level and responsibility.
The successful candidate:
Ideally the successful candidate will have the following attributes, skills, experience and
- ACA or ACCA qualified with a good level of post qualification experience of working within an audit and assurance team
- Good knowledge of UK Financial Reporting standards
- Experience of leading, coaching and supervising junior members of staff
- Outgoing, socially confident and emotionally controlled
- A positive attitude, friendly and approachable
- Resilient, able to multi-task and work independently
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a secure and growing firm of Accountants. Elite Staffing Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency on this vacancy.