At EV Cargo Global Forwarding, we know that our people are the cornerstone of our continued success. We have a fantastic opportunity for an Operational Finance Manager to join our talented and ambitious Airfreight team.
EV Cargo Global Forwarding have grown to become a predominate international supply chain partner to many of the world's leading brands. We enable customer success through market leading air, ocean, surface freight, logistics, supply chain and technology solutions. Our growth is accelerating around the world.
What will I be doing as an Operational Finance Manager?
- Maintaining a documented system of accounting policies and procedures in line with company requirements
- Overseeing the operations of the finance department
- Preparing all department financial reports, & month end report
- Managing all open jobs & outstanding wips/accruals
- Ensuring all customer billing is complete each month
- Managing/reconciling all carrier & partner invoices each month to ensure EV Cargo are paid & pay the correct amounts
- Managing the end to end process of any insurance claims Competitive Salary Competitive Holiday Allowance Flexible Working Pension Contributions Employee Recognition Cycle Scheme October 2021
- Supervising and encouraging the team to develop through training and encouragement
- Reporting to Management any variances to Budget and/or exceptional costs in a monthly report/presentation
- Reviewing procedures to recommend changes to improve systems and reduce any bottlenecks
- Ensuring that all accounting functions are completed in accordance with the company deadlines
- Establishing effective working relationships within team, departments and other areas of operation
- Promoting a safe, and pleasant working environment within the team for both motivation and health & safety
- Ensuring operational decisions are dealt with promptly or escalated without delay to the Senior Manager
- Staff appraisals to be completed for all department members
What are the requirements as an Operational Finance Manager?
- You will have your GCSE Maths and English Level 4 (Grade C) and above
- Proven experience of working in a similar role
- Experience of working in a busy environment
- Experience of managing a small team
- Experience of providing excellent customer services
- Ability to communicate effectively in a wide range of contexts both verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Proven IT skills i.e. MS packages word and excel
- Attention to detail Proven ability to prioritise workload and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Flexible approach to working practices
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to undertake further self-development Reliable good attendance record
Benefits you'll receive as our Operational Finance Manager:
We are committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and we believe our employees should receive a competitive and flexible offer. We have great flexible policies to suit the different lifestyles of our colleagues, we recognise and reward our colleagues in many different ways to demonstrate our commitment to our core values of growth, innovation and sustainability and we provide training, mentoring and apprenticeship programmes through our learning academy.
We will offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Working
- Employee Recognition
- Competitive Holiday Allowance
- Pension Contributions
- Cycle Scheme
EV Cargo Global Forwarding reserves the right to close the vacancy before the stated closing date if a high volume of applications are received. Why not click 'apply' today to become our Operational Finance Manager - We'd love to hear from you!
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we are not able to provide detailed feedback to applicants that were not shortlisted.