Senior Fund Accountant - Real Estate Funds - CLIENT SIDE. OUR CLIENT is one of the country's leading real estate investors/investment managers with offices situated around the Globe - they are currently looking for a Senior Fund Accountant to join them at a Senior Associate level and on a hybrid basis with c 2 days at their offices in London.
THE ROLE will see the new Senior Fund Accountant become an integral part of their Funds team, adding value across their real estate operations. You will be working alongside a professional qualified team and be given responsibility for a new log income fund that is actively deploying capital - Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for all day-to-day aspects of finance control and operations of off-shore unit trusts and an acquisitive Property Fund.
- Preparing of fund accounts reporting to include NAV, total distribution calculations and back up papers for the main fund.
- Overseeing of property manager accounting teams and Operating Manager to include establishing consistency of service, and ensuring quality, accuracy and timeliness of their outputs.
- Preparing of information for external tax advisors for tax returns.
- Assisting in preparation of interim accounting report and year-end report and accounts for audit. Take lead in preparation and provision of working papers for year-end audit and preparation of SPV accounts.
- Liaising with/oversee registrar/administration service provided by external organisation.
- Handling requirements for depositary reporting, be key day to day point of contact for depositary and lead quarterly meetings. Provide input into regulatory reporting.
- Supporting the property investment team in understanding property-specific accounting and tax issues.
- Assisting the property investment team with preparation of property specific performance reporting on both a quarterly and annual basis.
- Assisting the property investment team if required by calculating performance metrics, modelling fund return scenarios, manage & report project status and preparing budgets including cash flow forecasts.
The PERSON - YOU MUST be a qualified accounting professional (ACA or ACCA) with solid real estate experience throughout your career. The candidate should also have a fundamental understanding of both UK GAAP and IFRS in relation to the real estate sector, as well as fund or real estate investment exposure and an accurate and detailed, analytical approach - You should also be proficient in both Excel and property systems (i. Yardi, Qube, Tramps). If you are hungry, enthusiastic and 'commercial' and match the above criteria and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as a flexible approach to work, then this role proves to be an exciting opportunity for you to apply for.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook.