Group Financial Accountant - York
A well-established, private equity backed SME in North Yorkshire have created a brand-new role to accommodate their exciting growth plans.
This business have recently made two acquisitions and with more on the horizon, they have found a need for a new Accountant to join their team.
This role will report into their CFO and take responsibility for financial accounting.
Reporting into the CFO, the role will encompass full ownership of all financial accounting activities including:
- Consolidation and acquisition accounting
- Financial reporting
- Providing information for the private equity investors as and when required
- Balance sheet controls
- Look after Accounts payable
- Bank reporting
- Cash flow forecasting
- Maintenance of Statutory books
- Ownership of the financial model (with input from others within the finance team)
- Other ad-hoc projects as required
Essential skills and experience:
- A fully qualified Accountant - ACA or ACCA
- Either coming straight from practice (preferable a medium size firm) or a second mover with industry experience
- Strong technical finance ability - with knowledge of acquisition accounting and consolidations under IFRS 102
- Sector experience is not essential
- Strong with systems and Excel
- A self-starter, able to work with autonomy