The Mazars Private Client service line provides impartial, tailored financial planning, wealth management and tax advice to:
- Business Owner-Managers
- Trustees - Private and Charitable
Our unbiased approach to financial planning sets us apart from other financial planning firms. We are a leading, purely fee based, Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). We provide a full range of financial planning services, from financial health checks to advice about investments, pensions, tax planning and employee benefits.
Because we are independent, we are not reliant on commission payments from providers which means our advice is truly unbiased and tailored to clients. As a result, clients only pay for our advice, as they require it. This unbiased approach to financial planning, based solely on a client's circumstances and lifestyle objectives, sets us apart from other financial planning firms.
The role of the Training and Supervision Manager is to be responsible for the FCA Regulated Supervision in Financial Planning. The focus of the role will be in the supervision and development of the regulated FCA authorised financial planning team by monitoring their performance and development needs ensuring we meet our client and conduct expectations. In addition they will support our regional leadership team with the onboarding of our new recruits in line with our induction processes and in meeting the regulatory requirements under the FCA Regulated Training and Competency Scheme.
You'll complete regular one to ones and observations with our regional leadership team and financial planners, ensuring that we are monitoring the capabilities of our team including following up on any development areas identified via our key performance indicators. You'll support us in pulling together reports to our Financial Planning Board and the FCA where required to demonstrate we are meeting our regulatory responsibilities.
You'll also design and manage our regular Continuing Professional Development program with a blend of technical, behavioural, and skill-based sessions to ensure our teams meet the highest standards of competence.
As we are moving to a new hybrid working model, you will split your time between working from home, working in the regional offices when required so we are flexible on which location you work from in the UK.
The successful candidate will have:
- Significant supervision, training, and development experience within a financial planning business
- Extensive knowledge of the end to end financial planning process and how this is applied in the profession to client specific circumstances
- An up to date technical knowledge of financial platforms, products and solutions that can assist our clients
- Ability to understand training needs, design, deliver and evaluate training
- A keen interest in developing the skills, knowledge, and behaviours of a team with the ability to shape programs to meet the needs of the business
- Understand how to use client management, online learning software, compliance, and MI systems to gather insights into our training needs
- Ability to adhere to our compliance and regulatory policies ensuring we are good with managing our training expertise and governance process
- Bring innovation to our financial planning team with fresh ideas and solutions to build our competency and capability
- An interest in building the financial planning skillsets of the future via mentoring and the development of trainee financial planners
The skills you'll use in this role will be:
- Interpersonal skills: the ability to build colleague relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility
- Coaching and feedback skills: Ability to give straight forward, direct feedback and coaching to bring about improvements in performance
- Analytical skills: the ability to think critically, research and solve problems and seek out trends, themes, and common areas where development is required
- Time-management skills: the ability to work quickly and under pressure handling a varied workload
Due to the complexity of this role we need individuals who have the following experience:
- Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning or equivalent
- CIPD cert in L&D, TAP or other relevant training qualification
- CII J07 Supervision in a regulated environment or equivalent
- Experience of training and competency supervision within a regulated financial advisory business
- Experience of managing, developing, and improving the capabilities of front-line client facing teams
- Experience of managing the different needs of regional teams and proactive follow through on development areas identified
- Commitment to self-development & learning ensuring you keep pace with up to date learning practices particularly in digital learning
- A curious nature with the interest and willingness to know what drives people and understand what they want to achieve and how best to help them
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity, and integrity