We have a fantastic opportunity to work with a small but growing firm of Chartered Accountants (ICAEW), Tax & Business Advisors that focus on providing full services to a varied portfolio of owner-managed businesses. Clients range in size up to a turnover of £5m.
They have grown the practice by becoming key partners with their clients - specialising in providing a fully outsourced financial and accounting solution - saving businesses the costs and hassle of running a finance department whilst being able to trust everything is being handled independently and correctly.
They are an authorised training employer with the ICAEW.
You will be involved in all aspects of client work, with progression in the near term to become a Client Manager - responsible for the day-to-day management of a portfolio of clients and managing their deadlines as necessary.
Ideally, you will be part qualified, having started your route towards your AAT or ACA qualifications. They can issue you with a training contract (apprenticeship) and provide you with in-house and external training, for you to progress through to that of a qualified chartered accountant (ACA) if you wish to do so.
You will possess the following:
• Confident, with an enthusiastic, proactive, and hands-on attitude to work, with a friendly and positive disposition
• Ability to communicate in an effective and professional manner
• A high level of detail and accuracy
• Excellent written English
• Natural interest for business, finance, and accounting
• Be self-motivated to progress and achieve with your training and skills
• Good timekeeper, with a flexible and committed approach to work
• A minimum of, or equivalent to, 5 GCSE qualifications grades A-C, with Maths and English a minimum of a B.
• Ideally you will have already started and achieved a level of AAT or have started your ACA qualification.
Desired Skills and Experience (but not required)
• Accountancy Practice experience.
• Experience of working with incomplete records (and able to identify when items are missing).
• Experience of preparing accounts to FRS 102 and 105 standards.
• Experience of preparing corporation and personal tax returns, with a good understanding of what would typically be included (and excluded) from computations.
• Experience and understanding of capital allowances and AIA.
• Experience and understanding of how to prepare a fixed asset register and apply appropriate depreciation polices.
• Experience and understanding of VAT calculations, filing returns and the differences between the rates of VAT, with a handle on the MTD rules.
• Experience of running Payroll & completing CIS Returns.
• Have an understanding of personal tax and national insurance - limits, rates etc.
• Experience of the following software packages:
- IRIS (Accounts Production, Business Tax, Personal Tax, Fixed Asset Register & more)
- QuickBooks Online
- Microsoft Office, particularly Excel