Taylor Hawkes are working with an impressive firm of chartered accountants who are looking for a Audit & Accounts Senior, this is a hands-on role, which will require the candidate to work under their own initiative from their Pimlico office working primarily on year-end audit & accounts assignments & ad-hoc projects for numerous clients.
They require an accountant (Partly or Fully Qualified or QBE) with a UK based audit and accounts background to carry out the following role:
• Preparation of accounts for corporate and non-corporate entities maintaining working paper files to a high and professional standard.
• Review the working papers and accounts drafted by more junior staff and providing assistance and mentoring where necessary.
• Audit of accounts for corporate and non-corporate/charitable entities of various sizes from the planning stage through to finalisation for partner/manager review including on site field work & stock take attendance. Able to work on audits alone or as a lead, supervising, reviewing, and managing the work of a small team.
• Up to date knowledge of the application of accounting and auditing standards.
• Preparation of Corporation & Income Tax Computations & CT600 Returns.
• Reasonable taxation, payroll and statutory knowledge required.
• Experience of IRIS preferable.
• Circa 40/60 split of Audit/Accounting work.
• Computer literate with good knowledge of MS Office (MS Excel & MS Outlook in particular) as well as bookkeeping software.
• Proactive in their approach to the role and the requirements of the firm.
• Ability to communicate and interact with staff and clients on a professional level.
• Able to organise, manage and control their own workload and adhere to client and office deadlines and discretion.
• Capable of working on numerous clients' affairs, setting & working to budgets as well as the ability to organize, manage and control their workload whilst adhering to office and client deadlines.
• Ability to communicate and interact with clients on a professional level.
• Will report directly to partners and/or audit manager and provide back up to the audit manager as required.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in accounts/auditing in a U.K. practice.
Salary - market rate.
• Flexible working arrangements.
• Study support assistance (ICAEW or ACCA), if applicable
For more information please contact Taylor Hawkes.