Finance Analyst - £30,000 - Barking / Home Working
Are you an experienced Finance Analyst? Do you have a keen interest in how organisations monitor finance and use it in key decision making? Are you proficient with Microsoft Office packages and financial software? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you.
We are a pioneering urban regeneration company, looking to appoint a Finance Analyst to provide timely and accurate financial information to the Board and Senior team support reporting, decision making, and long-term business planning, we are looking for an individual to join the team to not just help deliver this support but to also grow its capability as the business expands and progresses.
The key responsibilities of a Finance Analyst include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in preparation of monthly p/l statements. Partnering with Business units to provide support and challenge to managers across the business.
- Support cashflow management and forecasting operations, helping manage working capital requirements, dividend payments and loan servicing and repayments.
- Contribute to creation of Quarterly Business Reports, reporting to the organisation's senior management team and Board of Directors.
- Support the day-to-day accounting function, from reviewing accounts payable and receivable, VAT returns and other functions.
- Support accounting processes to ensure compliance with IFRS standards and assist in the creation of Statutory Financial Statements both at year and for regular reporting.
- Assist and develop the day-to-day finance operations processes to ensure they are fit for purpose and contribute to the successful running of the business.
- Excellent cashflow forecasting
- Contribute towards the production of costing and pricing, budgeting, management accounts and long-term finance model
- Act as business partner to certain ongoing activities, projects and teams
- Work with outsourced operations provided by our shareholder (LBBD) on areas such as accounts payable / receivable and financial systems.
- Support the provision of submissions from Be First to our parent (e.g. for the group consolidation and carrying out reconciliations for the purpose of intra-group transactions/balances elimination.)
- Support the development of, and adherence to, robust processes and procedures, and strong internal control (e.g. balance sheet reconciliation, quarterly close)
Be First is a unique development and regeneration company, that has been established to deliver an ambitious housing and regeneration programme within London's fastest developing borough. We combine a strong commercial ethos with a passion for delivering high quality new homes, jobs and places that will benefit local communities in Barking for many years.
Our aim is to ensure that over 50,000 new homes and 20,000 new jobs are delivered by 2037, through a combination of direct delivery by Be First, and delivery through our partnership arrangements with third party developers.
The key skills and qualities of a Finance Analyst are:
- Keen interest in how organisations monitor finance and use it in key decision making
- Commitment to learn in the role and contribute to the development of the wider organisation. Good people skills and the ability to work with non-finance professionals on finance matters.
- Desire to work to improve and streamline commercial businesses process
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with a willingness to develop their own knowledge of accounting and finance. Study support for ACCA/CIMA available.
- Keen attention to detail and a desire for accuracy
- Good IT skills with experience using Microsoft Office Suite and any Finance Software
If this is of interest, please send a copy of your CV together with a covering letter (maximum 2 pages) explaining why you are interested in the role, and your skills and experience you feel are relevant to the role.