This SME Service Sector organisation are looking for an experienced, hands on Financial Controller to join their team. Reporting to the FD, you will be responsible for the delivery of the financial and management accounts for the organisation, maintaining and developing a strong financial control environment, overseeing a values-led finance team and acting as a business partner to the operations, ensuring cross-functional collaboration.
Managing, mentoring, and developing a small team of finance assistants, your main responsibilities will include:
- Strong cashflow management including regular cashflow forecasting
- Management accounts production
- Transactional management, monitoring and managing debt
- Performance management (contract, departmental) and KPI reporting
- Operational cost management and analysis
- Input into tenders and contracts including costing models
- Maintain the financial systems including process improvement
- Year-end accounting & audit liaison
- Partnering with Operational and other managers and teams
- Supporting the budgeting and forecasting
- You will be an experienced Finance Manager or Financial Controller, with a strong track record of management accounts production coupled with strong cash management skills.
- You will be a natural mentor to the team, whilst being willing to roll your sleeves up in a classic SME environment
- Communication is key across the whole organisation, and you will build strong working relationships, enabling financial control to operate alongside effective service delivery
- You will ideally have experience of working within a contract based SME organisation