*Also known as Forecasting Analyst or Cost Analyst
EslingKenny are excited to be working with a well-established and fast-growing commercial energy supply company in West London, assisting them in their search for a confident and driven Pricing Analyst.
As part of the Executions and Solutions team, you'll be directly involved in researching electricity and gas non-commodity charges whilst creating various models to forecast these charges. You'll manage and oversee these forecasts in various pricing models, ensure these charges are correctly reconciled and understand the wider commercial and operational implications of these charges on a supply business. There will be a focus on critically assessing data and contracts, commercial management, providing knowledge and expertise to internal sales teams, ensuring key client accounts are closely managed and sustainably growing the business.
This role will suit either a self-starting graduate (STEM degrees preferable) who wants to get into the commercial side of things (well suited to someone looking to become a Product Manager), or someone more experienced who can bring more senior level experience to the department. You will be based in the West London based office 3 days a week, and from home for 2 days.
- Managing and developing analytical tools and models, increasing the efficiency of the commercial team
- Providing analysis of the wider energy market to senior stakeholders across the organisation
- Managing and providing analysis for large deals alongside account managers
- Input, review and update non-commodity price elements for pricing, pass-through billing and reconciliations
- Providing a key link between the regulatory and compliance team to ensure industry changes are debated whilst process is organised for eventual changes that impact forecasts
- Review and assess current pricing models whilst working towards more accurate, fluid and scalable pricing techniques in the future
- Assessing commercial risk on a portfolio and deal specific level
- Creating and publishing industry insights
- Mine, aggregate, analyse data and produce relevant reports
- Assisting in the training and development of internal staff
- Various data entry, validation and administration tasks
- Ad-hoc tasks as required by management.
CANDIDATE PROFILE / REQUIREMENTS
- Computer literate with good knowledge of MS Office, with a particular strength in Excel
- STEM degree desirable
- Knowledge of SQL server
- Experience using a CRM system alongside multiple web-based platform
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience of the Electricity and/or Gas Industry, specifically knowledge of non-commodity pricing elements
- Strong attention to detail
- Numerate with good analytical skills
- A fast learner and enthusiastic about learning new subjects and acquiring new skills
- Tenacious can-do attitude
SALARY & BENEFITS
We are either looking for a confident, commercially minded graduate (£28,000 - £35,000) or someone with relevant and transferable skills for the role (£35,000 - £45,000 dependent on experience).
Excellent benefits also include:
- 25 days holiday + bank holiday
- Discretionary bonus
- Study support (after probation)
- Vitality Healthcare (after probation)
- Perkbox membership (after probation)
- Pension (NEST)
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Please note due to the high volume of applications we sometimes receive it is not always possible to contact every applicant. If you do not hear from us within 14 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion but please continue to apply to more jobs represented by EslingKenny.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career - see our website for contact details.
EslingKenny is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy. EslingKenny is a trading name of Abacus Recruitment Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 10344096