Our client is now looking for a Credit Controller to join their busy team in Shipley, West Yorkshire!
They are passionate about helping their customers and communities live sustainable lives now and in the long term. They are trusted experts in the design, build, and operation of Heat and Energy networks. Through the innovative new solutions they build, and through the continuous optimisation of the networks they operate, they are instrumental in the delivery of the UK's Climate change agenda.
The Credit Controller is a pivotal role within the business; the job holder will be responsible for the day to day operation of the credit control function; credit checking clients, posting cash receipts and ensuring all monies owed to the company are paid in a timely manner plus co-ordinating the investigation of any invoice queries through to resolution and liaising with Contracts, Sales and Operational teams.
Credit Controller Duties:
- Liaising with clients regarding payment via a variety of means; telephone, email, client portals; sending monthly statements and follow up letters.
- Managing ad hoc client queries, requests for copy invoices, statements, copy POD or purchase order number updates.
- Allocating cash receipts to individual invoices on NAV, and maintaining a clean sales ledger, minimising unallocated cash or negative balances and issuing refunds as required
- Setting up new client accounts on the accounting system, obtaining signed client agreements to our credit terms, running credit checks (including maintenance of the credit report system) and working with sales to propose credit limits (taking account of delivery schedules) for sign off by the Financial Controller or Finance Director
- Working alongside the sales, projects and contracts teams to ensure invoice accuracy, meeting of contractual obligations and client reporting/relationships to maximise cash collection.
- Preparing monthly and weekly KPI reports such as a debtor days report, credit notes issued in the month and any other ad hoc reports as and when required.
- Preparing statements and support information for client facing staff in advance of client meetings, including attendance at meetings as and when required
- Co-ordinating monthly credit control meetings with client account management team to pursue internal debt resolution and seek escalation of debt recovery.
- Maintenance of client accounts in NAV, including updating the account memos, flagging items as disputed, setting to dormant, removing credit and seeking approval for write offs/ credit notes as required.
- Liaison with Contracts and Sales Team on escalation issues and further action to be taken in accordance with contractual terms for non payment issues.
- Review and release sales orders for dispatch and liaising with sales and projects team internally and external clients regarding any issues preventing the release of their order.
- General assistance on wider finance issues including holiday cover as and when required and supporting Finance Team with an ad-hoc tasks as and when required.
Credit Controller Requirements:
- Experience working with an integrated ERP system (Microsoft NAV)
- Proficient and confident Excel skills - including V look ups and Pivot tables
- Proactive - self- starting ability to work on own initiative
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail and the ability to analyse and interpret large volumes of data.
- Flexible and willing to assist in other areas of finance.
- 2 years' experience within credit control role
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft NAV - preferable but not essential
If you feel like you meet the above criteria of the Credit Controller, please apply now!