Contract Type: Full Time - Permanent
Brighton Head Office - Stroudley Road
We are Study Group. We are a global leader in international education partnering with students and Top Tier Universities from all over the world. We believe in a creating a better world through education, and value talented, driven, and student centred people that believe the same.
We are looking for a Assistant Financial Accountant to support the Senior Financial Accountant. You will be responsible for the general ledger for the UK & EU International Study Centres. This involves the management of general ledger entries (revenue, payroll, overheads & marketing), variance analysis, balance sheet reporting, reconciliation and controls, monitoring of systems and processes, and relationship management with FP&A teams across the Group.
- Maintenance of general ledgers including revenue and staff expenses postings, accruals, prepayments and other general ledger journals
- Liaise with the FP&A team to explain monthly variances to budget and YoY
- Ensure consistency and accuracy of coding of invoices, expenses and other items
- Ensure all payroll journals are correctly posted
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet presentation journals
- Prepare schedules for the year-end audit and interim audit
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts, including unearned revenue, accruals and prepayments. Ensure differences are identified and resolved
- Investigate Study Global and other systems related issues as required
- Prepare fixed asset capitalisations on Agresso fixed asset module
- Approval of Payments on HSBC banking system.
- Posting of concurring cash and credit card expenses
- Develop and maintain internal relationships with the FP&A team and Group Corporate Team
- Liaison with auditors at interim and year-end audit
- Assist the Senior Financial Accountant or the FP&A team with ad hoc project work as required
- Involvement in Finance team projects e.g. finance systems
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA studier
- Preparation of general ledger journals
- Completion of complex and high-volume balance sheet reconciliations Investigating and resolving reconciling items
- Good working knowledge of accountancy systems (Agresso and Study Global a strong advantage)
- Ability to communicate effectively and convey technical information to non-finance audiences
- Relationship management and customer service skills
Study Group is a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017, 2018 and 2020 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Study Group processes your information in line with data protection regulations. Please see our
***We adopt a rolling recruitment process meaning that we review applications as they are submitted. To avoid disappointment, please ensure that you apply asap. ***