We are looking for an experienced accountant to join our team in Fareham, Hampshire.
- Accessing financial records of the clients
- Preparing year-end and statutory accounts
- Reviewing bookkeeping and Xero records, dealing with journals, and preparing management accounts
- Preparation of corporation tax computations and returns
- Preparation and submission of self-assessment tax returns
- Assisting with bookkeeping, accounting, VAT, and payroll work as needed
Skills and experience:
- Level 4 AAT qualified, or working towards or qualified ACA or ACCA
- Previous accountancy practice experience essential
- Experience in Xero cloud accounting technology is desirable
- Enthusiastic, outgoing, and passionate
- Dynamic, team orientated, and confident
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Great organisational and communications skills (role involves occasional client contact)
- Committed to continuous personal development
- Opportunity to work within a proactive and supportive team in a contemporary office
- Sponsorship to complete ACA, ACCA or similar studies will be considered for the right applicant
- Health and wellbeing insurance and benefits available
- 20 days annual leave plus bank and public holidays
- A mixture of office, client, and home working available
- Ongoing training and opportunities for career progression
This is a full-time, permanent position. The working hours are Monday to Friday either from 9.00 am to 5.30 pm, or from 8.30 am to 5.00 pm, with a one-hour lunch break (unpaid).
A full UK driving license and your own transport are required due to the location of the office. As well as visiting clients at their choice of location.
Please send your CV and brief cover letter.
About Xebra Accounting
Xebra Accounting is a modern firm of accountants that specialises in working with owner-managed businesses. Most clients use Xero cloud accounting, and we help them maintain their bookkeeping, finishing off what they do not do, enabling prompt and accurate financial reporting. We prepare management accounts, VAT returns, and payrolls, as well as annual and statutory accounts and personal and business tax returns. We also work with clients through regular meetings to help them achieve their personal and business financial goals and run workshops and webinars to educate and support business success.