We are looking for a confident financial controller/bookkeeper, preferably with two or more years of experience, who can adopt a clear approach.
The position would require the candidate to work 20 to 25 hours per week.
The ideal candidate will need to be organised, discreet and above all trustworthy. They will have strong communication skills as well as a keen eye for detail.
The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical skills, exceptional problem-solving skills, a flair for numbers, be highly organised and self-motivated. It is a bonus if you have knowledge in FreeAgent accounting software and hold a relevant degree in a subject such as Maths, Economics or Business, as well as having completed your accountancy qualifications from either the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) or the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
• Maintenance of general ledgers, dealing with financial paperwork and filing
• Keeping an official and regular track of company spending so there is an accurate trial of all outgoings to file to accounts
• Preparing and reporting financial accounting information as requested for the benefit of the board
• Manage the month-end process and timescales
• Credit control
• Balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis and investigate and resolve any discrepancies
• Providing all necessary information to external accountants for VAT returns
• Ensuring all company payments are settled in a timely manner and by set dates
• Processing sales invoices, receipts, and payments as well as chasing unpaid invoices
• Cash flow management and forecasting
• Management of fixed assets, verification, and control
• Assist in the preparation of statutory accounts and liaising with external accountants
• Comply with internal and external financial policies, standards, and controls
• Work with the business to drive, improve and enhance controls, documentation, and framework
• Excellent attention to detail that ensures absolute accuracy
• Good communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals
• Organised, professional, enthusiastic and proactive
• Proficiency in accounting software and MS Office
• Analytical skills
• A can-do attitude with lots of energy and initiative and the ability to work solo as well as part of a small team
What we offer:
• Flexible hours and some remote working is possible
• A fun and friendly office environment in central Leeds
• Dog friendly office
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org!