Description About this role
Fund Distribution Partner Services is responsible for the initial and ongoing due diligence monitoring of third-party distribution firms to protect the interest of BlackRock and our shareholders a well as servicing the relationship. The FD team is involved in all phases of the lifecycle of the distributor relationship with BlackRock; from initial risk rating, onboarding, ongoing monitoring, day to day support and termination. Our scope includes daily operational support of intermediaries and internal business partners in support of the products. We partner closely with intermediary operations teams, transfer agents, vendors, as well as internal teams such as the Relationship Managers, Legal and Compliance.
Based in EMEA partner with teams across BlackRock to help ensure that Fund Distribution Partner risks are understood and are consistent with BlackRock objectives and risk tolerances. Manage and develop teams responsible for Fund Distributor Oversight and Fund Dealer Services ex-US
Work closely with Fund Distributor partners to develop risk centric programs that protect our firm, funds, and clients actively addressing systemic risks, utilizing significant metrics and holding providers accountable for service excellence
Develop positive relationships with key BlackRock groups and leaders ensuring governance programs are fully understood and embraced
Construct documents and presentations to be used with regulators, fund boards, and BlackRock's risk constituents, presenting our program and associated findings
Lead and prioritize process re-design initiatives to deliver greater scale and expand our programs across the technology and operations ecosystem
Develop key provider data and metrics that deliver significant insights and drive data driven decisions
Partner with transfer agents, sales and relationship groups to achieve a superior client experience
A strong understanding of retail product offerings, knowledge of DTCC/NSCC Mutual fund processing
Invigorate and maintain a cohesive team environment passionate about risk and controls.
Develop positive relationships with the Fund Accountants, Transfer Agents, and internal oversight teams to improve services and resolve open issues effecting intermediaries
Proactive approach and prioritization of process improvements, collaborating across teams and functions to deliver greater scale to drive improvements and adoption of changes
Ownership and accountability for solving issues, and driving projects to successful completion
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years' experience of meaningful investment industry within a cross border management company, outsourced fund service provider, investment consultant or professional services firm with knowledge of the wider distribution landscape for regulated investment products.
- Minimum of 8 years of management experience
- Strong commitment to service excellence with the analytical ability to synthesize information and summarize issues. Attention to detail and ability to prioritize the most critical business issues.
- Must have a deep understanding of intermediary and transfer agency operations
- Experience in data analytics, or consulting experience, with proven track record of technical development and business insight.
- Ability to identify and approach situations with a risk-based methodology and craft creative solutions.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills. Intellectual passion and interpersonal skills to establish credibility with senior managers and their teams.
- Self-starter who is results driven and possesses a high degree of self-motivation.
- Inventive, dedicated teammate, able to work with people of all levels.
- Strong cross team relationship-building skills, capable of adapting style of communication to audiences of different technical knowledge and backgrounds.
- Excellent computer and communications skills
- Enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment!
- You are a key stakeholder in the onboarding and offboarding of fund distributors and manage the ongoing relationship.
- You stay ahead of industry developments and ensure BlackRock is well positioned to use the scale of our business model.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.