- Jan 05, 2022
- £65k - £70k
A genuinely exciting opportunity within a prestigious Education sector client awaits a prospective Chief Financial Officer & Head of Finance and Capital Projects
Morgan McKinley are extremely excited to be working on a retained, exclusive basis for a Bath based education sector client who are seeking their next Chief Financial Officer & Head of Finance and Capital Projects.
As replacement to a long server, you will be leading a small and friendly finance team within an organisation full of prestige that has displayed fantastic levels of growth.
As a key player in the Executive team, working alongside the Principal, Vice Principal, among many other stakeholders, you will be responsible for delivering a wide range range of tasks.
Whilst Education Accounting experience is preferable, I am pleased to say that this is not essential, and my client is open to interviewing a proven Finance leader with healthy "all round" small to medium enterprise experience with circa 5 years post qualification experience who is seeking a step up. A snapshot of your varied range of roles and duties will include:
- Hold direct responsibility and fully manage all operational staff associated with the finance team.
- Drive and develop the financial operational agenda of the organisation.
- Assist the Principal with the development of the annual business and budget planning cycle.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of developments within their area of remit and best practice and provide professional advice to the Principal and organisation based on that knowledge.
- Manage the preparation of budgets and exercise budgetary control for their areas of responsibility, working within agreed budget limits.
- Conduct all financial matters associated with the role in accordance with organisational policies and procedures, as laid out in the Financial Regulations.
- Report to the Board of Directors and the Committees as appropriate.
- Provide positive leadership by creating a dynamic, supportive and innovative. environment that encourages commitment to the establishment and the achievement of high standards of performance.
- Develop key performance indicators, self-assessment reports and quality assessment processes that enable the effectiveness of business development activities and functions to be monitored.
- Advise key members of senior management on financial planning, budgeting, cash flow, investment priorities, and policy/procedural matters. Produce regular reports that support the meeting of organisation targets.
- Represent the organisation externally as necessary, particularly in banking, legal, and investment matters.
- Be responsible for quality assurance in the finance area and develop quality assurance policies and self-assessment, to meet external regulatory requirements.
- Make full use of all information and communication technologies in adherence to data protection policies to meet the requirements of the role and promote organisational effectiveness.
- Take ownership of personal development (CPD) within role and identify personal training needs.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties as the Principal and Board of Directors may require from time to time.
- Plan, coordinate and execute the annual budget process, including the Office for Students annual return forecasts.
- Take responsibility for cash flow.
- In partnership with the Principal, prepare the annual budget for approval by the Board of Directors.
- Prepare and present management reports to the Board of Directors and sub committees in advance of each meeting.
- Prepare and present budget reports to the Strategic Leadership Team on a monthly and termly basis.
- Oversee all departmental budgets and delegate responsibility accordingly.
- Produce and deliver the enhancement plan for the Finance department.
- Prepare the year end financial statements for the organisation and group, and present for annual audit.
- Have overall responsibility for all statutory and financial matters relating to the Benevolent Fund (registered charity) including returns and reports to the Charity Commission.
- Have overall responsbility for all statutory and financial matters relating to the registered charity including returns and reports to the Charity Commission.
- Be responsibile for the company's share register and other statutory books and all matters relating to Companies House.
- Be responsibile for organisational insurance policies and procedures.
- Oversee the staff payroll and all matters pertaining to this.
- Liaise with company solicitors in legal matters as appropriate.
- Plan all capital work.
- Deliver all major and minor building capital projects
Contact Alan Jones, Senior Consultant at Morgan McKinley to discuss this amazing opportuntiy today
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.