Basic information Location London Service line Consulting Date published 27-May-2021 Req # 4425 Job description
This role is an exciting opportunity to join a market-leading consulting team. The Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) Consulting Services (MACS) offering combines leading acquisition and divestiture experience with deep industry and functional expertise. The opportunity is to work with clients focussed upon M&A, to support the definition and delivery of their inorganic Corporate Strategies. Our MACS practice is looking for individuals with experience in M&A consulting, and / or delivery roles in corporate strategy divisions of leading companies.Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
Our work is focussed on addressing the objectives of our clients' senior decision-makers, and we always seek to serve our clients holistically. Accordingly, in MACS we draw upon and work collaboratively with other parts of Deloitte - from areas as diverse as operations, technology, risk, corporate finance or tax - in order to deliver an unmatched client service capability.
Strategy, Analytics and M&A
How do you make intelligent, future-proof decisions in a world where change is the one constant? That's exactly what you'll help our clients to do. You'll build trusted relationships with business stakeholders - and use the most exciting new technologies available - to create data-driven programmes that transform their organisations. Your advice will help clients position their organisations to succeed in an ever-evolving marketplace.
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
We are looking for individuals who have worked across the M&A deal lifecycle, with specific expertise on delivery Advisory'services to CFOs and Finance management. Our M&A Finance offering provides the functional and technical expertise required to support the Finance function in the execution of issue-free integration / divestiture and the delivery of relevant synergies. Our practitioners combine transaction experience with deep finance strategy and process knowledge to provide clients with the tools and strategic insights to navigate change and capture value.
As an M&A Finance Consultant / Senior Consultant, your role will involve the following:
- Support the planning and implementation of finance integration and separation projects
- Define and deliver finance Day One readiness, post-merger planning and integration execution including:
- Conduct finance operating model fine-tuning and organisational design, to deliver post-transaction finance continuity (reporting, consolidation, planning, budgeting and forecasting etc.)
- Deliver impact assessment for core financial processes (order-to-cash, record-to-report etc.)
- Support the scoping and definition of transitional service requirements (TSAs)
- Perform analysis and synthesise data into useful insights, with experience in financial analysis, operational performance improvement analysis and financial modelling
- Define and assess synergy targets/business plans, including management of synergy realisation
- Deliver in a project environment, managing multiple tasks, requirements and stakeholders
More broadly as a Consultant / Senior Consultant at Deloitte, you will be expected to deliver against the below:
- Analytical thinking and problem solving: Select appropriate methods for collecting and analysing data, and develop informed recommendations that shape or support the clients' business strategy
- Delivery excellence: Produce high quality work and collaborate with others to deliver a superior client experience
- Logical Structuring: Organise insights and define a logical flow to tell a story when presenting recommendations
- Tools, skills and frameworks: Develop an understanding of effective tools, skills and frameworks that can be brought to bear on new client problems, and share best practice within the team
- Relationship management: Work closely with client peers and third parties to develop professional relationship
- Continuous learning: Proactively develop your own skills, seeking feedback, building knowledge and sharing your insights with colleagues
- Diversity and inclusion: Have a clear understanding of the firm's commitment of creating a more inclusive culture
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
You will be based in a Deloitte London office, however travel will be required for client projects. Whilst some clients are London based, we do spend time on site with regional and international clients. We specify full mobility for our consulting roles but we make arrangements respectfully. Work Pattern:
This is a permanent role with a degree of flexibility. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients.
Your professional experience
At Deloitte, your colleagues and clients will set the bar high. In addition to a CV showing strong performance and good academic credentials, we are looking for people who enjoy addressing complex problems in an analytical manner, with a proven record for effective delivery in demanding M&A project environments.
To qualify for the role you will have:
- Experience in M&A consulting or corporate strategy delivery role overseeing large scale strategic transformation programmes
- Financial Services industry or consulting experience with financial reporting, Finance processes, Finance transformation / strategy, or Finance shared services, particularly in relation to M&A or restructuring activity
- Experience delivering in project teams, managing multiple tasks in a timely fashion
- High level of knowledge, comfort and experience with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Flexibility and willingness to travel (principally within the UK)
Additional desirable attributes include:
- Professional Finance Qualification - ACA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent
Your service line: ConsultingPersonal independence
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.About DeloitteOur Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation. We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and
values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.