- Report to the Senior Director, Credit Risk
- Work with and challenge our Debt Finance team and Credit Analytics team to achieve high quality recommendations to Credit Committee including suggestions to improve the deal structure to facilitate positive outcomes for our customers while remaining within the Banks Credit appetite
- Collate and distribute the committee decision to new loan requests in a concise yet clear fashion and be responsible for any follow up actions
- Support the internal Legal/Loan Execution team in the loan completion process through close scrutiny over the bank's security requirements, documentation and ensuring bank has complied with all controls, as agreed at Credit Committee
- From time to time, meet clients with our Debt Finance team, providing guidance on structuring and early steer on credit appetite
- Support Portfolio Management team post facility drawdown in the annual review process, and with any in life loan increases or extensions
- Review all key information in supporting the credit decision
- Ensure that the data used by the firm to assess its risks is fit for purpose in terms of quality, quantity and breadth
- Undertake any ad hoc projects as necessary, as requested by the Head of Credit Risk
- A working knowledge and experience of either SME cash flow based lending and financial analysis and/or Real Estate specialist lending, primarily residential property development but also investment and commercial property too
- A good knowledge of credit risk models associated with the analysis of SME clients
- A focus on achieving beneficial outcomes for the Bank and our customers
- Understanding of wider risks associated with full SME product lifecycle, including origination, optimisation, collections and recoveries
- Ability to relate well to customers and colleagues
- Experience of risk and control techniques, including covenant setting, as applied to SME credit processes, including both the theory and application in practice
- Effective time management is key.
- A self-starter.
OakNorth BankLaunched in September 2015, OakNorth Bank provides fast, flexible and accessible debt finance (from 500k to 50m) to fast-growth businesses.Through leveraging the ON Credit Intelligence Software, OakNorth Bank has become one of the fastest-growing business in Europe according to the Financial Times (FT 1000), and has performance metrics that place it amongst the top 1% of commercial banks globally in terms of ROE, efficiency ratio and Net Promoter Score. It has lent several billion pounds to hundreds of businesses across the UK who have collectively gone on to create tens of thousands of new homes and jobs across the country.Our investorsOakNorth Holdings (the group which includes OakNorth Bank plc and the various OakNorth software entities around the world) has raised over $1bn from leading investors, including: Clermont Group, Coltrane, EDBI of Singapore, GIC, NIBC, SMBC, Toscafund, and SoftBank's Vision Fund.
- You will be required to review Credit Papers and provide a formal written recommendation to the Banks Credit Committee highlighting key risks, delivering the best outcomes for our customers within the Banks Credit appetite.
- You will also attend Credit Committee and question borrowers directly about their funding requirements to enable Committee members to make fully informed decisions.