Citi Investment Management (CIM) is a group within Citi Wealth that manages assets on a discretionary and advisory basis for high and ultra-high net worth clients. With approximately $85 billion in assets under management and advisement globally, CIM manages a broad suite of investment strategies within single and multi-asset class products. CIM is currently seeking an experienced Fixed Income Research Analyst to join our team of investment professionals and further strengthen the investment research capabilities supporting CIM's strategies as it relates to ESG. The candidate will possess strong analytical and communication skills and be responsible for integrating material ESG data into the investment research of companies/agencies/sovereigns for use in the management of CIM portfolios.
- Partner with the portfolio management teams to help identify, evaluate and develop research framework aligned with Citi Wealth's approach to sustainable investing
- The selected candidate will assist with all aspects of integrating ESG metrics into CIM's research process across companies/agencies/sovereigns collaborating with the quantitative research team
- Assist in the development of stewardship activities across CIM managed strategies, both for proxy voting and direct engagement
- Collaborate with portfolio managers across fixed income strategies to enhance the integration of ESG factors into existing strategies and inform development of new strategies to meet market demand
- Generate content to communicate research to other analysts and portfolio managers
- Collaborate with CIM's portfolio management team and recommend attractive investment opportunities based upon our investment process
- The selected candidate will contribute to investment leadership, thought leadership and internal and client engagement.
- Stay abreast of ESG trends, regulation and news, maintain proactive views, and communicate conclusions/recommendations concerning pertinent sectors and macroeconomic trends and developments
- Attend sell side Sustainability/ESG conferences and corporate management meetings
- Participate in investment meetings and work closely with other CIM portfolio managers and analysts (both credit and equity) to share views on market events and analysis
- Monitor existing investments and industry developments
- Prepare specific industry reviews
- Partner with client-facing teams to deepen client relationships through strategic client engagement to accelerate effective implementation of sustainable strategies and ultimately drive revenue and AUM
- Support client-facing teams in responding to client sustainable investing inquiries; selectively responding to and/or meeting with clients, as requested
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Direct experience in the asset management industry, preferably in an investment research role (including n ESG investing)
- Strong academic record
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
- CFA preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, analytical skills and technical insight
- Ability to handle effectively multiple assignments
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Candidates applying for this role must be aware that it is a Certified Role, subject to the Certification Regime. The Certification Regime is one element of the Individual Accountability Regime which has come into effect on 7 March 2016. Under the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must ensure that employees working in certain roles categorised as specified significant harm functions (Certified Roles) are assessed as fit and proper to carry out their role.
Under the guidance provided by the FCA and PRA, firms should have regard to the following when assessing fitness and propriety:
Honesty, integrity and reputation
Competence and capability
In order to comply with the requirements of the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must take reasonable care to ensure that an employee does not perform a Certified Role without first being certified as Fit and Proper. For this reason, you will be assessed for this role against the Fit and Proper requirements, as described above. This assessment will be carried out through extensive interviews, self-disclosures, permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and other background checks. If hired for this role, you will also be required to complete an annual declaration regarding your Fitness and Propriety.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the information above and that you are applying for a Certified Role. You also agree to Citi carrying out any additional screening required, including permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and any other background checks.
-------------------------------------------------Job Family Group:
Private Client Product Services-------------------------------------------------Job Family:
Investment Portfolio Management------------------------------------------------------Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting