Transaction Analytics Senior Executive
The opportunity (London or Birmingham based)
We work closely with innovation and technology to disrupt the traditional model of due diligence. We help corporate and private equity clients to meet their strategic goals, whether they are acquiring, divesting or raising finance. As we work across multiple sectors and regions, the nature of our work often provides the opportunity to work on complex assignments that involve working with colleagues across a variety of disciplines, jurisdictions and service lines.
Our core work focusses on using data and analytics in due diligence, assessing a target company's financial performance and business projections, identifying opportunities, risks, sensitivities and potential mitigations, and reporting on these to our clients, their banks, investors and other parties. The Transaction Analytics team work alongside the core due diligence teams to provide additional deeper insights and test value drivers with innovative solutions and advanced digital capabilities.
You will be working alongside experienced due diligence professionals, where you will continue to develop your skills to perform due diligence alongside technical training in a range of situations and sectors. When working on projects you will almost always be working as part of a wider cross service line team.
Your key responsibilities
In your role as a Manager, you will have responsibility for understanding the key business drivers of your client as well as co-developing our approach with them through the range of digital solutions available across the firm and digital solutions developed in house. This will include providing value to the client through insights and factual conclusions as well as providing advice at every step of their journey. You will project manage teams, working closely with all members as well as forming strong internal links within the wider transaction diligence function as well as other departments in EY.
Skills and attributes for success
- Be able to gather, verify and assess information to formulate views / conclusions
- Demonstrable experience in planning, preparing and reviewing deliverables in various forms including visualisations, written reports, presentations and discussions with the client
- Offer a support culture to junior members of the team, assisting their development
- Appetite to innovate and develop advanced solutions
To qualify for the role you must have
- A qualification in computer science, engineering or a highly numerative science
- Strong commercial experience and/or relevant industry or transaction experience
- Business Development and/or innovation experience
- Understanding of data analytics tools (Alteryx, PowerBI)
- Project management skills
- A passion to provide high quality service to your clients
Ideally, you'll also have
- Past experience of working in a transaction environment and a solid understanding of how Analytics can bring value throughout the transaction life cycle
- ACA (or equivalent) qualification or relevant other financial qualification
- Client facing experience from a professional services background
- Experience in VBA and SQL, though not essential
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.