With our headquarters in Gloucester, Direct Online Services is a dynamic and progressive eCommerce-led omnichannel retailer of kitchen products. Founded in 2009, we have enjoyed consistent levels of profitable growth since inception, primarily through our flagship brand Worktop Express, the UK's #1 online worktop retailer selling over 220,000 worktops per year to our B2C consumer base.
The business recently joined the €1bn+ global materials division of Broadview Holding (alongside Formica, Westag, Trespa, Arpa and Homapal), and are now looking to invest towards the future. We have significant plans to accelerate our growth over the coming years domestically and internationally, in existing and new product categories, both within Direct Online Services and also in collaboration with our Group colleagues.
Our people are a key area of investment for the business, and we are now looking a Purchase Ledger Controller to join our team and support these exciting growth ambitions and the challenges that come with a rapidly expanding multifaceted business.
We are looking for a proven Purchase Ledger Controller, with experience of working in a fast paced Finance team. The ideal candidate will have experience of managing a purchase ledger of 10k+ invoices a year, ensuring all expenditure is correctly approved and suppliers paid in a timely manner.
The successful candidate will have a positive attitude to driving change and improvements to current processes and systems, while keeping on top of day to day tasks with a high level of accuracy.
- Management of the Purchase Ledger function, including approval and posting of all supplier invoices and credit notes to Sage 200
- Regular supplier statement reconciliation
- Management of 3 way matching of purchase orders, delivery notes and invoices, to ensure accuracy
- Driving development and improvement of current processes and systems
- Answering purchase ledger queries both internally and externally, as required
Key skills and attributes
- Experience working in Purchase Ledger in an SME environment
- Knowledge and experience of using Sage 200
- Good Excel and Microsoft Office knowledge
- High attention to detail and be able to work independently with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to embrace change and drive improvements to current processes and systems with a positive attitude
- Able to build strong working relationships across the business with key budget holders and the rest of the finance team