*Are you a Payroll whizz with a proven track record?
*Would you like to work for a vibrant and friendly team within a rewarding company?
*Are you a hard-working team player looking for a new challenge and flexible working?
Office Angels Livingston are collaborating with a friendly and vibrant team for a Permanent Payroll Controller. The role is perfect for someone who is a natural team player and hard worker who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. Based in West Lothian, salary highly competitive depending on experience. The core hours are Monday - Thursday 9am-5.30pm and Friday 9am - 5pm. The role offers flexible working (working from home with at least two days expected in the office minimum depending on covid restrictions).
Working alongside your fellow Payroll Controller, Supervisor and Manager, you will support the HR and Payroll team by processing of high-volume payroll, acting as a first point of contact for any queries to the team via phone and email as well as ad hoc additional duties for the wider team as and when required. The payroll department is fast paced, and they process a high volume, this is processed in three cycles per month. The role is fast paced and high volume therefore you should have previous experience in a similar role, be a strong team player and hard worker with a "can do" attitude.
- Gather and check thoroughly all payroll paperwork/automated timesheets and absence information to ensure staff are paid accurately and timeously as per payroll processes.
- Process 3 separate payrolls cycles within UK, Channel Islands and Republic of Ireland for varied pay types (hourly paid and salaried) using payroll tools available (checklist, payroll manual, company policies). Payroll processing currently based over 2 separate payroll software systems.
- Calculating and processing sickness (as per company policy) and maternity/paternity/adoption payments as per HMRC guidelines.
- Update and issue payroll administration online and by paper form (e.g. payslips, P45s, P60's etc) on a 4-weekly basis where applicable.
- Deal with HMRC and other Government agency enquiries/submissions both online and by telephone as per any governed deadlines (i.e. FPS, EPS).
- Provide support with analytical reports where required within the business/payroll team.
- Deal with payments to external bodies i.e. PAYE/NI payment and arrestment orders. Ensure these are reconciled before payments are raised.
- Deal with year-end/year start administration including final reconciliation and all year end backup records maintained securely.
- Maintain accurate and clear payroll records where not automated.
- Maintain accurate and clear holiday records
- Maintain accurate and clear absence records.
- Update all records on a weekly basis.
- Provide accurate advice and support (as per policy where necessary) to employees and line managers as required
Skills and Experience required:
- Previous experience of Chris21 Payroll system advantageous but not essential.
- Team player who can work on own initiative and as part of the Payroll team and wider HR team.
- Excellent attention to detail & high-level accuracy.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment.
- Undertake tasks delegated by Payroll Supervisor & Head/Deputy Head of HR
- Understand and comply with the Company's Health & Safety policy & procedures.
- Carry out any other duties as required by Company management.
Interested? Please call Nadia at Office Angels Livingston today or send your CV to
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.