We are urgently seeking an experienced and skilled Project Accountant to provide finance support to a large control project during the implementation process for one of our blue light services clients based in London SW6.
The Project Accountant will adopt a proactive approach to a range of activities, have regular communications with both internal and external stakeholders and build effective working relationships across the project. They will provide relevant and timely financial advice to Senior Managers and be responsible for the production of monthly forecasting reports and the project finance plan, including commentaries to support the financial position.
They will review transactions, checking the accuracy of the costs, align spend to capital budget final business case categories; complete monthly account reconciliations; provide financial reports and present monthly reporting to project board and liaise with Commercial Providers to ensure accurate forecasting, obtain accrual information and monitor and report on change control costs.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Ideally have or working towards a recognised professional accountancy qualification (CCAB/CIMA). Candidates without this will be considered subject to relevant and substantial financial experience in a similar environment
- Demonstrable experience of financial planning, budgeting, forecasting and reporting.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, being able to analyse and present data in a clear and logical format.
- Experience of carrying out monthly transactional processes, such as accruals and journals
- Strong organisational and time management skills
Candidates MUST be eligible to gain Security Clearance
Please apply for further information
GPR is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to organisations. GPR will not discriminate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. GPR will not discriminate because of any other irrelevant factor and will build a culture that values meritocracy, openness, fairness and transparency.