Changing the way the world thinks about waste
At Biffa, we love working with waste. Whether we're turning it into sustainable power, finding new ways to recycle it or simply keeping it off the streets, we believe every day is an opportunity to improve the lives of millions. It's a view that's shared by our 9,500+ people around the country, who trust us to provide them with a career that's always rewarding, often challenging, but never dull. And it's why we're the UK's No. 1 choice for business waste management.
A quick look at the role.
The Finance Business Partner is an effective member of the financial and divisional management teams, producing robust, reliable, accurate financial information for the General Manager. You will participate in continual performance improvement through the leading and implementation of key projects and processes for their respective business areas.
*** This is a home based role with travel to operational sites across the Midlands and North West ***
Why it's an opportunity not to be wasted.
- Lead, manage, and develop a team of two Senior Financial Analysts
- Develop a commercial partner relationship with middle and senior operational management, providing key metrics and analysis as a foundation for sound commercial decision making
- Improve staff awareness at all levels of finance and cost / revenue benefits as a key factor in all business decision
- Prepare accurate business unit reports in line with the company's timetable including full profit & loss account with analysis and commentary, balance sheet and cash flow, extracts, reconciliations and detailed project profitability reporting.
- Ensure regional period-end close and submissions are made on time and in full.
- Take a lead role in the development of accurate, meaningful analysis and commentary aimed towards front-line staff, their daily activities and decision-making processes
- Recommend and prepare financial business cases for investment, capital expenditure and change programmes resulting in cash flow and profit improvement
- Improve business processes and systems whilst translating and simplifying high volume data into highly relevant management Information and proactively seek and recommend profit improvement suggestions for the business unit
- Develop a range of key performance indicators for use across the business unit and identify areas for potential improvements, and where necessary pro-actively support and introduce any operational changes
- Ensure appropriate financial controls are in place
- Review, maintain and improve cash-flow, margins and reporting
- Qualified accountant with over 3 years PQE
- Advanced Excel and top class analytical skills
- Experience of managing and engaging a small team
- Excellent commercial and operational financial management experience gained in a B2B environment
- Experience in energy or renewals would be an advantage
- Adept interpersonal skills with the ability to listen and influence others at all levels
- Commercially astute with the ability to challenge and communicate recommendations to senior management
- Adaptable with the ability work effectively under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines
- Lead by example displaying a hands on attitude when needed with teams and customers
And here's why you'll love it at Biffa.
- Competitive salary
- Performance bonus
- Company vehicle or car allowance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private health care
- Retail and leisure discounts
- Holiday and travel discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
Dedicated to diversity.
At Biffa we believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a creative working environment that delivers real results. It's why you'll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn.