Management Accountant opportunity, reporting into the Financial Controller. This is a broad and hands-on position, with excellent long-term progression prospects. You will be responsible for month end accounting, budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis and cash management, working closely with the wider finance team.
My client is a leading UK construction business, with a successful finance team based in Yorkshire. They are now on the lookout for a new Management Accountant to join the team, supporting wider functional teams in the UK and overseas.
As Management Accountant, your duties will include:
- Cash flow forecasting
- Budget and forecasting process
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Review of balance sheet reconciliations
- Process improvement lead for wider finance team
- Business Partnering with IT department to provide financial support and ensure accurate reporting
- Supporting with financial analysis of costs
- Working with operational areas to identify cost saving opportunities
- Ad hoc contract analysis
- Ongoing financial controls review to ensure compliance at all times
- Supporting with VAT returns and production of statutory accounts
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Management or Financial Accounting experience
- Experienced working with non-finance stakeholders
- Strong Excel Skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong Team Player
- Process improvement mindset
- Manufacturing/construction experience (desirable)
In return, the client is offering a competitive salary c£40-45, plus wider package. They are operating a hybrid working pattern, with a blend of office and homeworking. This is an opportunity to become part of a collaborative team in a truly varied role.